Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maryann_m

Hydro Systems Sydney Tub in shower alcove?

maryann_m
12 years ago

We've been trying to make a decision about which bathtub to choose.

We want a 60" x 32" tub for an tub/shower alcove, so I'd prefer an integral tile flange. I always seem drawn to squarish-looking design elements. Not surprisingly I really love the look of rectangular tubs. This tub will be in our hall bathroom which is mainly used by guests--probably mostly for showers. However, if it was a nice, deep tub I'd probably use it for baths on occasion. We're replacing a Kohler Villager in this bathroom and we have another Kohler Villager tub/shower alcove in our master bath.

We had considered the Kohler Expanse, but upon closer examination it would probably cause issues because the extra width would mean the plumbing would get in the way of the floor joists.

We had considered the Kohler Archer until I realized how narrow it is. It seems that maybe it would feel claustrophobic for showering.

Now we're leaning toward the Hydro Systems Sydney. It's more money than the other options, but it seems like a nice quality, deep soaking tub. Which leads to my questions.

Is the Sydney too deep to be a good option for a tub/shower alcove? If you have this tub in an alcove and use it for showering, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

Comments (5)