Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kohler old toilet color

Posted by ljp326 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 13, 14 at 16:56

Bath renovation trying to match Kohler PARCHMENT fiberglass shower unit with a "new" toilet to match the shower unit which isn't being replaced. Unable to match a toilet color with Parchment�any thoughts out there?

I know there are toilet seat sites there to match toilet but i'm looking to possibly replace it or just might have to keep it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kohler old toilet color

I think Mexican Sand (darker) or Almond (lighter) are going to be the closest blends. You can order samples on the Kohler website

Here is a link that might be useful: Color Chip Store

o

If the idea is to get the closest match on color, you're in a difficult spot. With a toilet, you could take the tank cover to showrooms and compare. There's no piece to take from a shower stall.

What I would do is search online for the plumbing supply places, kitchen and bath showcases and design galleries near you. Next, come up with a list of brands - Kohler, American Standard, Toto, Gerber, etc. and find out which of the places carry which brands. Go there and plead your case and ask to borrow the color chip samples, putting down a deposit for it if requested. Try to get all the samples for all the brands at home at the same time, then pick the closest match.

o

Kohler made parchment (color #40) from 1976 through 1989. It is no longer made.

You may be able to find old fixtures at an architectural salvage dealer. I see them from time to time.

If you buy an old toilet, your plumber may have to modify it to meet current federal law on flushing limits -- but many jurisdictions overlook the requirement for heritage toilets. Ask your local plumbing inspector.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here