Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janesylvia

Need suggestions for good wall colors of 2 small bathrooms.

janesylvia
11 years ago

The remodeling in other parts are almost done. Next will be the bathrooms. What would be good paint colors for the walls of the two small bathrooms?
The walls of other parts of the house are antique white.

Thank you very much.

Comments (9)

• enduring
    11 years ago

I don't know. If you don't get help here go to the decorating forum. There are lots of color folks over there. Have you looked at bathroom colors on Houzz?

I'm adding some thoughts:
    Are there windows in the BRs? that might dictate your choices. I have gone with a very neutral color, gray :) so that I don't ever have to paint again! Just kidding. I installed all my wall tile and think that it is so neutral (white) that any color might go with it in the future. I am hoping that the tile stays there forever. It will out last me. I used the best materials to put it up :) Anyway I am thinking that neutral paint color would be good in a small bath, then you can jazz it up with accessories. Or you could go bold with paint and keep other elements understated. My BR is 6.5x9.5. Permanent features are very neutral in color, my accessories will have soft colors. IMHO a small BR doesn't need to many statements, it is supposed to stay on task!

This post was edited by enduring on Sun, Mar 10, 13 at 21:01

• janesylvia
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you very much, enduring. I recently had a new Velux venting skylight (22"x22") installed in each bathroom. I'll check Houzz and post in decorating forum.

• enduring
    11 years ago

Oh, How do you like the light? I have been thinking of remodeling our other bathroom and there are no windows and I hate it! I think a bathroom without windows is odd. I was thinking Solartube, for just the lighting feature. I've seen them in action and they are bright and light up the space very well.

Good luck on your colors:)

• janesylvia
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The skylights are very nice. The two bathrooms have day light and there is no need to turn on lights during the day, and make the room spacious.

I also have a sun tunnel in the kitchen and another in the entrance near the garage-to-house door. Those areas are very bright in the day time.

• pricklypearcactus
    11 years ago

Honestly, I think it really depends on what other elements you have in the room. Will you be using tile? Wood? What countertop materials? What fixture colors? What hardware/faucet trim colors? Not to mention, what are you looking to do? Add a bold pop of color or contrast your other materials or blend in with the rest of the house? If your entire house is antique white, I don't see why the bathrooms couldn't be the same.

• ctlady_gw
    11 years ago

We used BM Palladian blue (at the advice of a GW poster!) for a small hall bath. Hard to really see the color in this photo, but I love, love, LOVE the serene blue-green tone -- and it goes beautifully with the white of the fixtures and the soft tones of the honed Cararra marble cabinet top. I originally wanted a "pop" of color in the window alcove (doing just those walls a bright color) but am very glad I went with the Palladian ewverywhere. (The trim is something close to BM Dove White but this color would have worked with the Linen White in the rest of the house just as well, I'm sure.)

• cherij0411
    11 years ago

Sea Salt Sherwin Williams is very calm and beautiful I have it in my master bedroom.

• janesylvia
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ctlady, thank you very much for sharing your picture. The wall looks beautiful. Bullielove, really appreciate your sharing of experience.

What are the wall colors of your other parts of the house?

• anmicki
    11 years ago

We also used SW Sea Salt in our master bath and I love to just look at it. Very pretty color. The rest of the bathroom is white and marble.

Main color in rest of the house is SW Balanced Beige (Greige ish color). My bedroom which the bath is off of is Glass Slipper (I think ben moore) and it works. Although, I think I may change the bedroom color later.

Do you have an idea of what kind of color you're looking for?