Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wall-mount toilet: any better than others?

Posted by fori (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 20, 14 at 16:41

Howdy!

We're adding on a guest room with a small bath and I want it to be easy to clean. So, I'm looking into wall mount toilets.

Are there things to look out for with these? Any to avoid?

Thnks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wall-mount toilet: any better than others?

....also routinely installed in Europe (Germany). Definitely way easier to clean, more streamlined look and space saving in small bathrooms because the tank is concealed in the wall.

I'd be worried about making sure that the toilet is actually properly attached by a plumber who knows how to install it. Do they require special framing?

o
RE: wall-mount toilet: any better than others?

For easy to clean, wall mount is great. The only thing to be prepared for is sticker shock. Many years ago, a friend's parents had a basement bathroom installed and went with a wall mount. Back then, I don't know if the in-the-wall style of tank was available, but theirs had a tank. I just looked, and, apparently, American Standard is the only company making an exposed tank model. Back then, as kids, we thought it looked cool but have to admit from the picture below, doesn't look so cool anymore. :-)

The in-the-wall tank models are very sleek and save space as well. I'd agree, it would be important to get a plumber who knows what he's doing or can follow instructions. See Kohler installation video link below for an idea on how it's done with Kohler models.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wall mount toilet with in-wall tank installation

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here