Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do your light fixtures NOT match the finish on your faucets?

Posted by girlcat36 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 16, 09 at 16:36

If you didn't use matching finishes on your light fixtures and faucets, what finishes did you use together? Pictures if possible. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do your light fixtures NOT match the finish on your faucets?

My light fixtures are antique in an aluminum color with gold. My faucets are chrome, shinny bright chrome. We also have stainless counters and sinks. And then to finish the mix of mixes :) We have brass knobs on the stove. I mixed because the stove is a mix of brass and silver (so gold and silver). Our knobs are also pewter, but it flows nicely.

o
RE: Do your light fixtures in the bathroom? Heh heh

LMAO this isn't the kitchen forum heh heh

Ok in the bathrooms....

I have ORB faucets and gold knobs and lighting :) See I can answer right heh heh (DOH!)

o

Your kitchen---wow! Nice blending of the metals!

Nice job on the bathroom, too. I think it works because the faucet is so close in color to all the cabinets.

Thanks!

o

We used brushed nickel lighting and chrome fixtures. They're really similar, but the brushed nickel has a bit richer look.

o

i also have chrome fixtures & brushed nickel light. I didn't want brushed nickel fixtures because i went more classic with navy & white... but every chrome light i saw just looked garish in my mind. I think they look fine together.

my pics don't allow you to see the finishes really... sorry

o

Hi
Sorry, I don't have any pics. I'm in the middle of a bath remodel but I will have chrome bathroom faucets. My vanity light is matte black and I will have 2 wall sconces that are matte black with brushed nickel accents. I have a couple of bathroom accessories that are chrome and brushed nickel also. I'm hoping it will all blend. I know I must be breaking all kinds of design rules but I did my best picking this stuff out and trying to keep within my budget:)

o

A related question: How important is it to stay with one manufacturer within a given finish? I mean, if I get a polished nickel Grohe faucet for the sink, is it really necessary for me to get a polished nickel Grohe towel rack? I understand the finishes can vary from company to company but is it really that noticeable to the average eye?? Could I, say, get a polished nickel towel rack from Pottery Barn?

o

I have a brushed nickel towel ring less than a foot from a chrome fixture in my small powder room, and you'd never know they're different unless you looked VERY closely...in other words, NO ONE will ever notice the difference...and in fact, after you've had the fixtures in your house for a few weeks, you won't even remember which is which...big decisions become SMALL details when it's all said and done...

o

Thanks for all your responses. I find myself overthinking everything!

o

mix and match:

oil-rubbed bronze light fixtures, polished nickel faucet, and brushed pewter knobs and hinges.

Mongo

o

Clem, I'm not sure I can count high enough to figure out how many ORB manufacturers are represented in my master bath (above). The towel bar is different than the train rack, and different from the faucet on the tub, which is different from the faucets on the sinks and different than the shower fixture, blah blah blah. I wouldn't put two towel bars together that are from different manufacturers, but other than that...don't worry about it.

o

Mongo--that looks beautiful!

o

Thank you!

o

Do the globes have to match?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here