Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kmcgowan35

Kitchen and Bath Eye Candy: PIRCH

chicagoans
10 years ago

Disclaimer: I don't work for PIRCH, but I have a friend who does. He invited me to the pre-opening reception at their Oak Brook, IL store last night. (The store opened today.)

Oh my... the eye candy! Lovely kitchen and bath vignettes throughout a huge space. The cool thing is that everything is set up to be functional. So for example, in the spa area ("Sanctuary") there are dozens of shower heads, all numbered. Press a number (or a few) on a screen and water flows from the shower head(s). All the faucets in the vignettes (at least all the ones I saw) are hooked up to water sources. It looks like the appliances are hooked up to work as well.

Many of the items are too rich for me (a $12k shower head or a $6900 onyx pedestal sink, for example) but others are more reasonable. PIRCH doesn't sell the cabinets, etc., that are shown in the vignettes, but they partner with the firms who do, so that installation of cabinets, appliances, and fixtures can be coordinated.

There was quite a line to get into the reception, which was invite-only. I was a bit surprised at the number of men there. Maybe that's sexist of me! And whether it was for the free booze, the bikini-clad model demonstrating a shower (there was a male model, too) or the men also jones for awesome kitchens and baths, I thought it was cool that the crowd was rather equally split, gender-wise.

I'm not in the market but can still appreciate some gorgeous (or kind of outlandishly unique) sinks, tubs, fixtures and appliances. If you're near Oak Brook it's worth a peek, especially if you go in the spring when the (outdoor) mall is full of blooming flowers.

(x-post to kitchens)