Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eldemila

small bathroom - bold dark colors - any pics?

eldemila
13 years ago

In the middle of a remodel of our tiny master bathroom, gutted out it's 9 feet by (now) 57" (we gained 3 whole inches!)

The shower stall is tiled up to the ceiling with a basically white tile with threads of gray, there isn't much wall space 3' on one wall and the wall where there's going to be a concealed cabinet over the toilet, and a large (most likely) silver mirror over the vanity. One wall has a window.

I'm scared of color and have always played it safe and gone with white or off white. I know dark colors supposedly make a small room look smaller but a friend suggested something dark and bold and I wonder what it could look like.

So I did this on one of the websites and wonder what a color similar to this would look like in a tiny bathroom. I'm actually thinking of a dark burgundy???

So I thought, if true that dark colors make a room look smaller, the room is what size it is, may look smaller, but it's the same size whether it's painted light or dark, so does it really matter?

On an added note, I'm probably going with a very light gray colored ceiling and vanity base, along with a white countertop.

Thanks for any insight

Comments (10)

Sponsored
BME Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structure