Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alpenmicho

An neat little bathroom heater

alpenmicho
17 years ago

In hindsight I wished I'd installed the whisperwarm or in-floor heating....but we didn't and now we are stuck with a beautiful but cold basement bathroom.

Ever since, I've been looking for a small heater that was safe, affordable and didn't require us ripping anything out. All I could find were the little ceramic heaters, which are not supposed to be used in a bathroom and then the next step were the $300+ bathroom wall heaters.

I'd about given up, when I found this neat little heater, quite by accident, at the Bay here in Canada.

It's call the Seabreeze Thermoflo "off the wall" Outlet Mountable Bed/Bathroom Heater.

It was the simplest thing to install. It fits right over the outlet. Although I wouldn't call it "whisper quiet"...(then again neither is my Panasonic whisperfit ventilation fan), it warmed up the room really fast.

I paid $75 for it.

Anyways, I just thought I'd post it here in case someone else was in the same situation.

Here is a link that might be useful: neat little heater

Comments (10)

• mahatmacat1
    17 years ago

We could use one of those in the upstairs (attic reno) bathroom--there's just an ugly old baseboard in there now, hardwired.

A question: does it get hot to the touch? Because that's where our daughter will be and I'd love one that doesn't get hot.

Thanks for posting it, though :)

• alpenmicho
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Nope it didn't get hot.

My instruction manual also says under safety features:

cool-touch cabinet: The enclosure is made of a tough ,impact resistant polymer and does not conduct heat like metal housings on ordinary heaters.

Hope that helps.

• monicakm_gw
    17 years ago

That's exactly what m DH needs in his bathroom on cold mornings. Thanks!

• dmlove
    17 years ago

Alpenmicho, how fast does it warm up the room? And how big is the room it is warming up?

• mahatmacat1
    17 years ago

Great, alpenmicho! I will explore it in depth. Much appreciated :)

• alpenmicho
    Original Author
    17 years ago

My bathroom is 11 x 7.

I've used the heater twice now. I turned it on just before getting in the shower and by the time I was done...oh..15 minutes...no gasping....the room was nice and warm.

The heater has two settings...1500 watts which you feel immediately and a power saver mode of 1000 watts.

From the brochure:

"120F Exit Air Temperature. The exit air temperature is approximately 120F, warm enough to heat an entire room."

The only thing I wish it had was a timer...and that it looked a little more modern....

but heat is always a good thing.

• budge1
    16 years ago

Just discovered the heater we wanted won't fit.

Wondering if you're still happy with this heater, or if anyone else tried it.

Thanks.

• lkremodel
    16 years ago

Here's another option: an undervanity, toekick heater. I didn't realize that such a thing existed until our electrician said they were pretty neat. We have a very small bathroom on 2 outer walls which limited our supplemental heating options. I kept thinking what good is a bathroom that no one will use in a Wisconsin winter because of it being cold. Our new heater will be controlled by a wall switch.

If anyone is interested, I'll get more info from the electrician and try it out after it's connected. Currently, it's hot with high humidity here.

• budge1
    16 years ago

lkremodel - do you have the name and/or specs on your toekick?

We had planned on using a toekick, but my GC just told me it won't fit under our custom vanity.

If anyone else has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

• lkremodel
    16 years ago

It's a Broan and the front of it is about 18 inches wide. The vanity is standard depth. Unfortunately, I don't have the spec book yet.

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County