Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
helsharmar

Designer/contractor recommendations, DC area

helsharmar
10 years ago

I prefer DIY design, but I'm really struggling with the renovation of our master bath. We have plenty of space, but the locations of the present windows are interfering with our desires. We know we want to add heated floors and double sinks. I know that moving the toilet is generally advised against, but I'm told that, because the room is above the garage, that should be easier and less costly. The main reason I would move the toilet is that there's a window right behind it that makes it freezing in the winter. Maybe moving or modifying the window would make more sense, but I need to talk to someone knowledgeable who can advise me on the best options in terms of both cost and esthetics. There's also a whirlpool tub we never use. We could replace it with a soaking tub or incorporate that space in the bedroom instead, although, since it has windows on 2 sides, that would considerably darken the bathroom. It would also be an odd space in the bedroom. There's another window on another wall that's fairly high and could go in a relocated shower, but it's so wide, that would really constrain the design of the shower, as well as the adjacent closet, which we were planning to widen by moving a wall. I don't want windows above the sink, because I want mirrors there. Obviously, I need some advice. No pics available at the moment. No one I know in the area has a recommendation for a contractor or designer. I'm stalled.

This post was edited by h-w-m on Tue, Mar 25, 14 at 15:43

Comments (3)