Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunshine8560

finding bathroom vanity top

sunshine8560
12 years ago

Can someone recommend a website that I can order a bathroom vanity top from? I need 37w by 19d in size and would prefer quartz or even granite. I had no idea this was not a standard size anymore. The quotes I rec'd from local stores are crazy over priced. The big box stores carry tops, but nothing in quartz or granite. Any suggestions

Comments (7)

• biochem101
    12 years ago

Ask people, co-workers or neighbors, in your area for their granite recommendations. Maybe someone knows a cheaper source.

I had 3 stone yards quote $1000 to $1300 for a 57" vanity top from remnants. Then someone told me about a 4th place to try and amazingly their price was only $600.

It's such a pain driving all over creation, isn't it?

• dekeoboe
    12 years ago

I also suggesting looking for a remnant. We picked out a quartz remnant for a 45" vanity and paid $315 for the remnant, sink cutout and installation.

• Emily
    12 years ago

Go to local granite yards and look for a remnant. I found a marble remnant for my 36w by 21d powder room vanity and paid only $300 for fabrication and installation.

• kashmi
    12 years ago

Echoing the suggestions to visit granite fabricators to seek out a remnant. We had very good luck doing that and got a 27" x 37" slab + 2" high backsplash for just under $400.

BTW, where we are, one would have better luck talking with granite fabricators rather than granite/stone yards. The yards mostly have large slabs; it's the fabricators who have the remnants. But that practice may vary by location.

• francoise47
    12 years ago

Yes, I'll suggest the advice given by others: go to a granite fabricator and look for a marble remnant. We found a pretty piece of marble at our local granite fabricator. If I remember correctly, the cost to have it honed, sink cut out, and installed was about 500 dollars for a 48" by 21" vanity top (price probably reflects expensive NJ pricing.)

• juddgirl2
    12 years ago

I agree with the suggestions to shop your local granite yards. I needed a double-sink counter for a 70" x 22" vanity and found a few yards that had very affordable remnants and prefabs. Some also offered fabrication.

In the end, an employee at one of the yards gave me the number for a local fabricator and I chose one of several remnants he had at his shop. It was an 8' beautiful remnant of river white granite and he sold it to me for $670, including fabrication and install. Other quotes were approximately $700 for prefab and $850 for remnants.

Shop around and maybe avoid the larger design showrooms. The quote I received from one of these was over 100% higher than all the others - $1,600 and up depending on the granite. Also, my local Home Depot had a minimum $1500 order for granite, so that wasn't an option.