Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where can i find plain white subway tile?

Posted by rachelevans (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 18, 14 at 15:03

I need plain white 3 x 6 subway tile and then pieces with the bullnose on the 3" side and pieces with the bullnose on the 6" side. Plus I'd like matching cove tile pieces (flexible on the size) in the same color/glaze.

Home Depot is making me insane because they don't have any of this in stock in one color (if they have the subways, they don't have the bullnose or vice versa).

The Tile Shop's white subway is more than I want to spend ($7/square foot and the bullnosed 3x6's are $9/each).

Help! Where can I buy basic white subway tile and accessories?

Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where can i find plain white subway tile?

I am using Daltile form Home Depot. The stores here in Houston vary widely in what they carry and their stock. I have just ordered the trim pieces that I need from Home Depot online in order to have enough for my project. The good thing is that if you order it online, have it delivered to the store, you can always return it to the store. But it's crazy to have to order 2 boxes when they only have 1 box on the shelf or don't carry it all at my nearest store, but carry it 10 miles away at another store. But it is cheaper than paying full price at the Daltile store.

This post was edited by Anna_in_TX on Tue, Mar 18, 14 at 16:52

o

Can you order from HD? HD ordered samples in for us.

o

We used plain white subway tiles from the local Floor and Decor and were very satisfied with the quality and the price. Ours were the "ultra white" color and I liked that they were a brighter white than the ones available at Home Depot.

I'm not sure if these are the same that we bought a few years ago but here's a link to some they have on their website now: "Subway Tiles"

Our shower:

photo 844_zps809fac34.jpg

o

I have also had good luck ordering from Home Depot online. They have shipped quickly, and if you order over a certain amount you can get it shipped to home for free. If you order their stock tile, which is US Ceramic I think, you may have trouble finding all the trim pieces you want. The Daltile Rittenhouse Square line should have all the pieces you need especially in white although for the field tile you have to order by the case. A word to the wise -- don't yield to the temptation to mix product lines, because the whites never match (don't ask me how I know).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here