Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
grout color for carrara basketweave w/grey dots

Posted by boymom (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 20, 13 at 14:53

The floor is basket weave carrara with grey dots... the walls are Daltile Rittenhouse subway in Arctic white. I want a white grout for the subway, but I'm thinking something a big grayer for floor grout.

First off, is that acceptable (two grout colors)?

If so, second, what color white grout for the subway?

Third, what color grout for the carrara basketweave? Would love to see photos!

Thanks so much.

This post was edited by boymom on Wed, Mar 20, 13 at 14:55

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: grout color for carrara basketweave w/grey dots

Anyone? I need help!

o

I did Silver shadow with my carrera basket weave with gray dots. A very light gray. It looks great! Also used it with the artic white Daltile too, so can't provide a white grout recommendation.

o

Thanks so much. What brand is "silver shadow?" My contractor is bringing his grout samples tomorrow - so far no idea what brand he uses.

o

The brand is Laticrete.

o

MAPEI also makes a silver 27, or a warm gray 93

o

I like Laticrete silver shadow with carrara. White grout on the walls will look fine, even if you choose grey for the floor.

o

I would love to see photos of the carrara basketweave with any shade of grey grout. I've got my contractor's samples, and there are plenty of grey choices (I forget the brand). Will definitely do white on the subway, so I'm wondering if doing the same white on the floor would be a good option. Or does that mask the "basketweave" effect?

o

you should do a google search for marble basketweave floor or go to houzz.com. They have a ton of inspiration photos and you can specifically search for basketweave floors.

I hope that helps.

o

I will try and take a picture of my basket weave tile floor (it is actually just a tile " rug") with the Silver Shadow grout today. We had a white tile floor with white grout before our bathroom remodel and the white grout was impossible to keep clean, so it was nothing to do with basket weave per se for me.

o

photo trim_zps15077923.jpg

photo 003_zpsf2d817fc.jpg

o

I used a medium/dark grey grout with my basketweave (with black dots) because I did not want it to darken over time. The grout is Delorean Grey from Tec.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here