Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with choice of vanity & flooring

Posted by katie111 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 14:48

We are planning to use these mosaic glass tiles in our kids bathroom renovation. We are going to use them as a backsplash on the sink as well as an accent tile in the shower/tub. We are planning to get a white quartz countertop with blue or green specs and large white subway tiles with a wave to them for the shower/tub area. Trying to figure out what to do with the rest of the bathroom. Here are the 2 options we are considering:

1) White vanity with a dark wood tile floor.

2) Dark wood vanity with a ceramic white floor tile with blue marbling in it.

Any thoughts? Having a really hard time matching this mosaic to something for the floor. Definitely don't want an all white floor tile in the kids bathroom.

Also, the mosaic tile looks really dark in this picture. Its actually really light & beautiful when you see it in person, especially grouted.

This post was edited by katie111 on Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 14:55

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with choice of vanity & flooring

Sorry don't know how to post more than one picture in a post.

Here's the white vanity:

o

Here's the wood tile floor (although we may go darker).

o

Here's the dark vanity:

o

Here's the ceramic tile option:

o

I like the dark "wood" tile and white vanity. That mosaic tile is beautiful - could you post the name and manufacturer?

o

Thanks! The brand is Fired Earth Glass Works and the name is Caribbean Beach. Found it at the Tile Shop.

o

Another vote for dark floor, white vanity. Who is the manufacturer of the vanity?

o

I'd say either of the vanities would look good but that white tile with the blue marbling is not a good fit IMHO.

Just thinking about the colors of vanities. If the "kids" are girls, the white probably would be preferred by them. If the "kids" are boys then the wood, all boys and men like wood it seems.

Why don't you do some searches on Houzz dot com for your color/combo ideas and see what comes up.

o

not to crazy about the ceramic tile option, white/blue.

o

I agree with Enduring about the girls v. boys and color of the vanity. I've been going back and forth on that issue for my guest bath. The white seems very feminine to me, while wood is more unisex for future buyers. But that won't matter to you if you'll be in your home forever.

We have white floors in our bathrooms. I don't see dirt because we don't use shoes in the upstairs bathrooms. What I see is hair! If your kids are blondes, it will show up on the dark floor!

o

My vote is for dark wood-look tile floor and white vanity. I think it'll look great with your tile selections and be durable for a kids' bathroom.

o

Really like the glass tile. And both vanities are really nice. Where did you see them?? Cost?? Size - 60" or 72"???Hope you don't mind the questions but I'm having a tough time finding double vanities. Thx

o

I really like the dark floor, white vanity combination. I am very fond of the 2 colors

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here