Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alina_1

Totally confused with shower fixtures...

alina_1
10 years ago

I started looking for faucet and shower fixtures for our master bath remodeling and I realized that I am totally confused.

We will have in our bath:

• Double sink vanity - will need two single hole faucets

• Tub - will need a tub filler, shower head and hand held shower

• Shower with frameless glass inclosure - will need rain shower head, hand held shower and jets (possibly). Rain head should be wall mounted because we have a sloped ceiling.

I planned to spend no more than $1500 on all fixtures. They should be brushed nickel or stainless steel and contemporary.

I bought a shower tower at Costco - it already has rain shower head, hand held shower, and built-in thermostatic valve. The price was $400 on sale. I am not crazy about the design, but it is acceptable.

Now, I am thinking about Hansgrohe fixtures that has great reviews here on this forum and on retailers' sites. They are very expensive for our budget, but to figure out whether we can afford them, I need to know what exactly we need to buy.

And I got lost at this point...
I was thinking about this Raindance kit for the shower.
My questions:

1. If I buy this kit, what matching pieces and other fixtures (for installation?) I should buy for my tub and vanity?

2. Is this kit just a trim and I need some other plumbing fixtures?

3. If I buy it, can jets be purchased separately and installed with it?

4. Besides jet trim, what else should I buy for jets?

5. Is it worth to install jets or it is just a waste of money?

And one more question.
Does someone has any experience with La Toscana showers? They are cheaper than Hansgrohe and look nice. I was wondering if the quality is OK..

Any other thoughts or advices?

TIA for your help!

This post was edited by alina_1 on Mon, Mar 10, 14 at 15:01

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz