Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
18' Deep Bathroom Vanity - Does a Sink & Faucet Even Fit?

Posted by missleah (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 6, 09 at 14:26

My kids new bathroom will have to have an 18" vanity instead of the traditional 21" because my bathroom is a traditional 5' wide bathroom (11' long). I am researching different small sinks and wondering if they would even fit. I am considering an undermount or overmount (though my heart is with the undermount. I found one that is 17"x 11.5" undermount and we chose the inexpensive American Standard Williamsburg centerset faucets ($29 each on ebay!). I just measured my centerset faucet and it's just under 2" deep. Would all of this fit properly? How much space do I need between the front of the bowl and the end of the countertop?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 18' Deep Bathroom Vanity - Does a Sink & Faucet Even Fit?

I know that Kohler makes a smaller oval sink called the Caxton (15 by 12), I too have this issue and hope people are able to post pics!

o

You might gain some room by setting the faucet off to the side slightly instead of between the sink and the back wall. Haven't done it yet, but that's what I'm planning on doing with my 18" deep (at deepest point) antique washstand in my PR. Using a dropin sink. The edge of the countertop isn't the issue - it's the interior depth of the cabinet front to back. Sink installation instructions should say how deep the cabinet has to be, faucet directions should tell you how much clearance needed and the spout reach. Cabinet specs will tell you interior depth (18" is exterior). Undermount sinks should gain you a little space.

o

In our powder room we have a 18" deep vanity which is a repurposed dresser. We used the smallest size Kohler Caxton undermount sink and a single handle faucet mounted at about 2:00 (instead in the middle of the back of the sink). We have a soap dish at 10:00, and they visually balance each other nicely. It worked out fine.

o

Hi,
I have an 18 inch vanity in my bath . The top is corian with an integral sink, but I looked at a number of sinks that would fit ( most by Kohler), before I made the decision to go with corian. My faucets are small (Jado), 8 inch center , with the usual placement behind the bowl. I have found no problems with my set up, space wise.
salbwil

o

astridh & salbwil - sounds very nice could you please post a photo of your sinks/faucets. Thank you

o

missleah,
If you check the gallery on this forum, my "finished bath and laundry/bath" is listed under a search for my forum name. The picture isn't very good, but you will be able to see that the faucets fit fine on the vanity.
salbwil

o

We're about to install an 18' vanity with 19' top. I found the Stylo series from Briggs Industries on Overstock.com and through special order at Lowes (much better deal at Overstock). Several of the semi-recessed or vessel sinks fit a smaller depth vanity. We're using the Cuadroato, a rounded square 14' sink.

Here is a link that might be useful: Briggs Industries sinks for smaller counters

o

Consider a wall mount faucet in a small bath situation. Makes for easier cleaning too. It's just more expensive up front, and the plumbing costs more because the plumber will have to be so precise. But it's a great look for both modern and traditional styles and solves many a space issue.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here