Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
motherof3inct

Suggestions for Shower and Floor Tile

motherof3inct
11 years ago

I have finally decided on the vanity to use for my master bath. It's the Ronbow Torino vanity in antique black with a white carrara marble counter top. I am going for a classic traditional look with touches of bling from polished chrome fixtures, chrome medicine cabinets and sconces

Because we have well water and may have rust stain issues I do not want to use classic white subway tile, even though I love the look. Instead I planned to use gray colored subway tiles to complement the vanity/countertop. It has been hard trying to find the right gray colored tile, but I think I found it. I am having a hard time finding a floor tile that also comes in 2x2 hex for the shower floor.

A few questions:

- Is gray subway tile "cheap" looking? A salesman at the tile store kinda hinted that to me. He was pushing for the classic white.
- Am I overreacting about white subway tile /silver gray grout staining from rust? The salesman said that staining shouldn't be an issue at all because the tile is ceramic and you can seal the grout. My old white ceramic tile has an orange tinge to it, but we have since put in a water softener to hopefully fix that issue, but no guarantees.
- Any suggestions for the floor/shower floor tile? I want to use porcelain tile instead of natural stone so staining won't be a big issue. I'm having a hard time since the carrara countertop will have movement in it and i need something not too busy,.

Thank you! I am hoping to put in my vanity, fixture and tile orders next week....and then the renovation fun/stress begins!

Comments (6)