Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kmcg_gw

What medicine cabinet(s) for wide single vanity?

kmcg
12 years ago

I'm stumped by this question, and would appreciate input. We're re-doing our main bath and will have a 54" wide vanity with walls on either end, so it's in kind of an alcove. I think 2 sinks would be nice, and might be able to squeeze them in, but then there would be no counter space. So I've come to terms with the idea of a single sink. I'd really like a recessed medicine cabinet, and since we're building new walls, that's not a problem. But in a space this wide, a single medicine cabinet seems like it would be inadquate, both visually and functionally.

Just brainstorming, here are my options:

1 - a triple door medicine cabinet (can get up to 48"; the better looking ones are frameless with beveled edges on the mirrors)

2 - a single mirrored cabinet with a substantial frame (the basic Restoration Hardware type of craftsman look)(sounds skimpy)

3 - two of the cabinets from #2 above, which means neither would be centered over the sink (or I could do the sink off-center, and have one above sink, one above counter - either way sounds awkward, visually)

4 - a large framed mirror over the sink, with skinny mirrored cabinets recessed in each end wall (overkill on the mirrors? Maybe just cabinets in the end walls?)

My look is kind of traditional but utilitarian: white subway, basketweave marble floor, probably dark wood vanity but maybe white, with marble or similar counter, chrome fixtures.

Can anyone advise me?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022