Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Standard shower door width?

Posted by lgiltmier (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 3, 08 at 14:08

We're taking a standard 3'x4' shower and extending it out to make a custom-size neo-angle shower. There will be partial walls on both sides of the door. We'll be building one new wall to do this. Is there a standard width for a shower door? Trying to decide exactly where the new wall should go and how wide it will be.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Standard shower door width?

not sure about neo angle, but when I checked for my 36 x 45 shower...28 inches was standard glass size. Anything else was custom.

o

I measured my tiny 3 x 3 shower's framed shower door. The door itself is about 32 in. wide. The frame on each side means the opening is a little smaller than that. I had to have a shower door replaced once and the impression I got was that they would make it whatever size we needed (this was just a cheap framed door of course). Glass is easy to cut of course, but my understanding is that tempered glass can't be cut so I don't know how it works. I guess I didn't help you very much. I had been expecting to use a 30 inch door in our remodeled 5.5 x 4.5 foot shower, but now I wonder.

- Jim

o

'Standard' will vary by supplier, but most of the glass shops I have looked into offer up 26 to 32 in 2 inch increments as their standard sizes. If you shop around a bit, you should be able to find these sizes easily.

Joe

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here