Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mount faucet handles along curve of sink instead of in a line?

Posted by threeapples (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 25, 13 at 13:57

The granite guy just told me they always do it this way, in an arc shape, so there is more room to use the faucet's handles. This seems bizarre to me. Any thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mount faucet handles along curve of sink instead of in a line

Personal preference. I've seen it done both ways, and used both ways. I think if you are going with the 12" spread, in an arc is fine. If you are going in only a 4" spread, then do them straight.

o

They are 8" spreads, actually.

o

My personal preference is to follow the curve which is what we did with our 8" spread faucets. It's pretty slight so I'm not sure it's very obvious in this picture...

photo Picture253.jpg

o

It's going to be more noticeable on a smaller sink, given the smaller radius of the curve. It's the right thing to do IMHO.

I did pillar faucets on my small (tiny) basement sink and had them drill the marble following the radius of the bowl.

photo DSC03917.jpg

photo DSC03923.jpg

o

I guess I always just see them in a line in the showrooms so this seemed odd to me. I'm going for as much of an historic look as possible--doing them curved is in keeping with that?

o

Has anyone done the curved spread with a Kohler Caxton sink? MY granite guy didn't even ask, and when I requested in the final vanity (others too late) I was told they couldn't do it because of a flange on the sink. Disappointed because there is sooo little room between the faucet, handles, and backsplash.

o

Follow the curve. It makes the handles easier to reach.

o

I need to replace a faucet that was installed along the curve of the sink, with an 8" spread. Is there anything I should look for in the faucet to make sure it will be ok to install on the curve as opposed to along a straight line?

o

Rainy, we had the faucets installed along the curve of two
Caxton sinks in my kids' bathroom with no problem
At all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here