Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bathroom layout - please critique!

Posted by carsonheim (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 7, 13 at 13:22

Howdy!

Building a new house, and here's the first design on the bathroom from my architect. I'm not crazy about it -- I feel like there's a lot of wasted space in the middle of a big square.

What would you do differently? Any and all opinions are welcome!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bathroom layout - please critique!

It is hard to comment with certainty - b/c you left out the wider view of MB and "her" closet. Where does the other door in "her" closet take you?

If there is any wasted space I would say it it is in "her" closet. Just the partial image of it shows huge amount of "walkway space" instead of using it for shelves, or dresser drawer, etc.

I personally DO NOT understand the logic for putting closet in the bathroom. I do not want my clothes and shoes next to source of moisture. I do not want to be getting dressed after a shower in a moist room. But. That is the owner's choice to make.

Make sure you have a good place to hang all towels - dry before shower, wet after shower, extra towels storage. They need to be easy to grab after shower, but not in the way that you will constantly bump them with our elbows.

Make room (hidden preferably) for toilet cleaning supplies, extra TP, etc.

o
RE: Bathroom layout - please critique!

Cold you post the layout if the whole floor? Or at least include the surrounding rooms?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here