Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Choosing a new toilet for my son's bathroom. Need your feedback .

Posted by lillo (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 13:19

I need to replace my son's bathroom toilet on Tuesday . I checked online and the best place goes to the ToTo Drake , but I don't want to pay more than $300 for it . My husband doesn't like the online buying , because of issues of returning if something is wrong. He doesn't want a product that will be difficult to find parts to. I have one dealer that sells them close by, but don't know for how much , and if they have them in stock too or not . My three other options would be the khoeler cimarron 1.6 gpf , the American standard cadet 3 or champion 4 . Any feedback please , because the plumber is coming Tuesday to install it . Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Choosing a new toilet for my son's bathroom. Need your feedba

We recently replaced our upstairs toilets with the Kohler Cimarron in the elongated bowl and comfort height and put two Kohlers in a little dressier style downstairs. We're happy with all four of them.

I thought I remembered seeing TOT in the store but couldn't remember which store it was at. Looks like Home Depot has the Toto Drake in stock -- $292 for the elongated bowl in case that solves the return and parts issues, but I really don't think you'd go wrong with the Kohler, Toto or American Standard. That's not to knock Champion, I just don't know that I've ever had any experience with them or even heard much about them.

o

This may be too late for you, but I had really good luck having my supplier (local) match online prices for all my bathroom fixtures. It's worth a try if you really want the toto from a local (not big box) supplier.

o

We have used the AS Champion 4 for several years in the main bathroom and it has done very well. The surface stays cleaner and is easier to clean than the previous toilet - perhaps the finish is smoother. Most importantly, it has not clogged. Sometimes a child is over enthusiastic with toilet paper, you know? It has done so well that we just replaced the 2nd toilet with one.

A slow-close lid is a nice addition. Also a quick-detach lid for easy cleaning.

o

If you are with a water district, check to see if they have any rebates for switching to low flow toilets. We replaced three toilets, and our total cost for them came to only $50 after the rebates.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here