Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sink Help

Posted by dcwesley (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 7, 13 at 13:17

I am doing a to the studs remodel of our masterbath. Since we have been forced into this by an improper build of our last shower, I want to come out of this thrilled about the outcome. We are going down to a single sink, since in the last build we only used one of the two sinks anyway. We will use the extra floor space to expand the shower slightly and have more room to dry off when getting out of the shower.

The custom built vanity will be 51”, kitchen counter height. At first I was going to get a wonderful “artsy” (read $$$) sink. But since we have gone over-the-top on the vanity, I am content with a plain-but-decent-quality white undermount sink. Since we are doing this in a rush (demolition began before planning even started) I need to make a quick decision. I am looking a bit at the Kohler Caxtion sinks. Any feedback from those that have one? Any suggestion on size? (We just do the basics with the sink - brush teeth, wash face, etc.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sink Help

Are you also going to go kitchen depth? If so, you'll have a bit more room for a wider sink, ie front to back. I like to use my MBR sink for hand-washing, so a reasonable size is important. Having said that, we have a small Kohler Caxton in our Basement BR, and it's fine...basic white ceramic sink...nothing to get excited about! :>)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here