Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mabeldingeldine_gw

sneak peek and help request

mabeldingeldine_gw
11 years ago

At long last the end of our bathroom reno is approaching. We are still debating between shower doors and a curved shower rod, but at this point I'm leaning toward a curved rod. One reason I hesitate is I am having a difficult time finding a shower curtain I like.
For now I have the discount curtain seen in the photo, but I'm thinking I'd like something more along the lines of white cotton seersucker, preferably with a varied width of the puckered stripe. I think I want the stripe to run vertically to mimic the beadboard. Does anyone have suggestions about where to find a good quality shower curtain as described? Or a suggestion for a different style curtain?

AND, I'd love suggestions for a better showerhead. The one-speed Moen we ended up with (long painful story) is a dribbler and both DH and I hate it. Now, the photos so you can see what I'm working with.

As you can see the vanity area is still in progress, but I hope to finish the drywall repair and painting and reinstall the sink and faucet this weekend. Thanks!

Comments (12)

• treasuretheday
    11 years ago

If you go with a curved shower curtain rod, you'll need an extra wide shower curtain. I've linked one below that I found on a quick Google shopping search. I can't vouch for the quality or the vendor but it might meet your criteria.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wide white seersucker shower curtain

• home4all6
    11 years ago

What moen shower head did you get? We are also getting moen fixtures in our shower!

I also wanted to add that you can use two regular shower curtains, almost like drapes, on a curved shower rod. It's a beautiful look!

• mabeldingeldine_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Treasure, that is exactly what I'm looking for, THANK YOU! I wish it was cotton but it will probably work better with a fabric liner. And I would not have thought about the need for a wider curtain.

Home4All, we ended up with a Moen Brantford T2153 trim kit and the Moen 2580 valve. I like the valve trim and the tub spout, but the showerhead is anemic at best and the face of the showerhead is taupe, which looks bad with my white and gray shower. It was a last minute switch after the local plumbing place gave us the wrong valve, which would not work with a showerhead, a handshower and a tub spout. I ordered the replacement online from Faucet Direct, got great service and it was overnighted to me from CA to Maine with a discount. Can't say enough nice things about that experience especially when compared to the bad experience with my local place!

Anyway, the Brantford works well with the Kingsley grab bars so I'm ok with the valve trim.

• Debbi Branka
    11 years ago

We have a curved rod and a regular shower curtain (2 of them) and it's fine. It closes all the way. I've never heard that I needed extra curtain on a curved rod.

• home4all6
    11 years ago

Thanks for the shower head input. We have the valve that will allow for the shower head, the hand shower, or both. I'm leaning toward a 3 or 4 function shower head(3232 or 3838) then a 3 or 4 function hand shower, too (3867 or 3863). It's overwhelming!!

• williamsem
    11 years ago

I love our curved rod! We got a double curved to hang towels on the inner one.

Definitely get some of these hooks. They roll great, allow a liner to sit lower than the curtain (especially helpful with curved rod), and easy to remove/replace curtains for washing.

The rod, hooks, memory foam bath mat, and fan timer are my favorite parts of the new bathroom.

• mabeldingeldine_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ha ha, williamsem, that goes to show it is the little things that make the difference! I'll have to think about a double curved rod, as we lack space for towels, great idea.

This remodel has been so fraught that mostly I am just glad it is almost over. I love having shower niches, I can say that at least. It is wonderful to have the bottles off the tub rim and out of the way! And I love the combo of marble mosaic and white tile.

I did learn that if problems arise that require changes to the plan, don't feel pressured to make instant decisions. I'm not happy with the placement of the shower slide or the showerhead as a result.

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Omg, I forgot the link! I shouldn't be allowed to post after my bedtime.

Here is a link that might be useful: Moen awesome curtain hooks

• enduring
    11 years ago

mabeldingeldine, your bathroom is so special, I love it. Your little sheet music stand is lovely painted up like that. Looks like a nice additional grooming area. Don't know nut'n bout shower rods.

• Tim
    11 years ago

Restoration Hardware has a good selection of shower curtains.

• mabeldingeldine_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Enduring, thanks for the props. Compared to your masterpiece, mine is very amateur. I am in absolute AWE of your skills, Even still, my new bathroom is 1000% better than where I started, but hanging out here on the forum my standards have been elevated, LOL!

Thanks, too, Treasuretheday! This weekend I ordered the shower curtain you found. I hope it looks as good as I think it will! We installed our new Moen curved shower rod Saturday. It is a high quality stainless rod, but it does not give as much room as I had hoped. Ah well. I have things to finish (beadboard on fixture wall and new showerhead) and we'll be officially done!

• enduring
    11 years ago

LOL, Yours is absolutely beautiful!!! You have a lot of interest going on with texture, shapes, and color. I Really Love It.