Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
layout design questions for a small bathroom

Posted by Mary614 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 25, 13 at 13:04

We need to redo our bathroom, this is the only bathroom in the house at this point. There is something leaking in the wall and the floor under the wall, vanity and toilet is rotten. The layout I am not real fond of for several reasons, the main is it is very difficult to clean and the second is we have little ones and giving them a bath is difficult due to the layout.

This was an addition onto the main house at one point in time and has 3 load bearing walls, so can't really move things to make it bigger. I have attached the current layout, if anyone has ideas as to how to change it I would love to hear them.

Thank you,
Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: layout design questions for a small bathroom

[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/Rgypsyrose/SCAN0001.jpg[/IMG]

o

Mary, use the HTML code from Photobucket.

current bath layout photo SCAN0001.jpg

o

I have a somewhat similarly sized main/guest bathroom in my house. First, I would swap the sink and toilet locations if that's an option. A toilet is a little easier to get around to turn on the water for a bath tub.

Do you need a linen closet? If not, I would be inclined to completely remove it and go with a longer tub. I went from a 5' to a 5.5' tub with a small shelf on the end (where your linen closet is). At only 7.5" long, I don't think you could fit a linen closet along the longest wall.

o

Thank you for posting the drawing! I was sidetracked by little people and just didn't take the time to figure it out. I will do another drawing of one of the layouts we are kicking around, basically instead of a wall on three sides of the tub we were thinking of leaving the back open...just a curtain track around.

Thank you,
Mary

o

We're renovating a bathroom with the same layout, but just 5' wide instead of 6'2". We're swapping the vanity and toilet, but leaving the tub against the far wall.

You could swap the linen storage to the other wall, and have it be shallow storage (since plumbing would be in the way of full depth).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here