Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help with whirepool tub

Posted by dafichter (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 23, 13 at 13:00

I bought Oasis whirlpool tub several years ago. Due to health problems I did not instal it. Now, I am finally remodeling my bathroom and I want to install the tub. I do not have instructions anymore. I e-mailed Oasis and they send me instructions but the instructions are for a different model bathtub (mine is discontinued). The tub on the instructions does not have a platform attached on the base as mine and it requires blocks under the tub. The platform on my tub has support. Do I need to put blocks under the tub?
Also, any ideas on how to frame the tub. It is self-rimming tub. I do not have much space around it so I need a frame that only goes around the tub and does not exted too far out.
Thanks

This post was edited by dafichter on Sat, Mar 23, 13 at 14:14

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help with whirepool tub

Here is a picture from under the platform. Thanks for any suggestions

o
RE: help with whirepool tub

Does Oasis have a phone number where you can call and talk to someone? Or a dealer who might have some history with them? Without knowing anything, it would seem that the platform has those rails that it sits on instead of blocks. Common sense and the economy of the last few years would seem to suggest that they might have left the rails off as a way to reduce materials, weight, and cost of both manufacture ad shipping. Can you tell from instructions you got whether the current model is flat on the bottom? Someone at Oasis or a dealer should be able to tell you that, at least. I would think that adding blocks to the rails could do ugly things to the support of a tub filled with water and a person and could be less stable -- not to mention even higher to step into. So, bottom line, my totally ignorant, common sense gut reaction is that you don't need blocks-- but I hoe someone can tell you for sure as well as how to frame it. Sorry you were down for so long and hope you enjoy the tub.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here