Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plastic film type to set over self-made tile mosaic mesh?

Posted by AnnaA (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 26, 12 at 12:57

I posted this in the kitchen forum today, and a reader suggested I post here as well since many tile enthusiasts talk here...

I'm creating a 6" tile mosaic to be installed as part of my kitchen backsplash.These tiles are metal mosaics and usually come with a thin protective plastic sheet on top. Since these tiles really need that added layer of protection from scratching during install, I'm wondering what that material is called (it has great sticky grip but doesn't leave a residue).

Found fiberglass mesh & glue, but need some help on the name of the plastic wrap as plastic vendors use language I don't understand.

Thanks - and let me know if this question belongs in a different forum.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plastic film type to set over self-made tile mosaic mesh?

You can use clear contact paper. There is a stained glass and mosaics forum on this site.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here