Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Grout Panic)

mtnrdredux_gw
11 years ago

Since our GC is not finishing our punch list, we are.

There are two spots in the house where we needed a few extra tile pieces that did not get done in the first go. We have the tile and the tiler, but we do not know the color of the grout.

I kept a file of paint colors, but I did not keep a file of grout colors. because at the time you pick them you don't think you will need to grout again, KWIM? We do not have contact info. for the sub, who is in another state and probably unpaid anyway. The GC will be no help.

HERE IS THE ONLY clue I have:
When every area was tiled (2 years ago), the tiler came to me with a little black fold up case. When the case unfolded, there were maybe 2 or 3 dozen little planks (about the size of a pencil liner) lined up in the sleeves. Each one was a grout color. He would take out a few, lay them against a tile, and we would pick one. I don't recall color names, since on that day I was choosing different grout colors for all the bathrooms, and some entry areas. BUT, does anyone recognize the brand I am talking about? Does anyone know who makes the black sleeve of samples? If I had that I could probably match.

Thanks in advance!

(Cross post to Home Decor)

Comments (5)