Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phiwwy

3 Smaller Bath reveals

phiwwy
11 years ago

So my post for the master bath reveal seems to have worked. Here's the background. When we first bought the house, we knew all 4 baths (2 full, 2 half) needed to be gutted. We did 2 first, the powder room and the upstairs full guest bath. Then after a series of other renovations and improvements, we tackled the big reno last: kitchen and 2 upper baths. With these baths, we took about a foot from the master to allow enough space to add a shower in the half bath which shared the wall.

Teensy weensy Powder room -
-crema marfil counter and floors
- Mirage feature strip, Random Brick pattern in Nutmeg
- Emperador dark marble pencil strips
- Oceana sink in blackened nickel
- Jado fixtures in brushed nickel
- Ginger magazine rack in brushed nickel
- Howard Elliot mirror

Guest bath:
Tile - travertine honed and filled, mixed with Onyx creme and caramel accents.
Tub - Kohler Memoirs, Sink Kohler Davenport
Vanity - Vanico
Mirror - Affinity
Sconces - Hudson Valley
polished nickel fixtures - Watermark faucet, Hans grohe shower fixtures.

And last the new full bath made from a 1/2 bath:
Counter - Caesarstone Nougat
Toto Aquia wall hung toilet
Chrome fixtures - Symmons
Glass tile - Mirage color is Gray sky
Alno crystal knobs
Robern medicine cabinet

This is a HG Chroma C slide bar/handshower:

I forget the floor tile, but I love it. Love this bathroom for my tween. This was the first completed piece after terminating our contractor, so it's a happy room.

Comments (17)

• treasuretheday
    11 years ago

Wow, all I can say is that you have exquisite taste.

Each of the rooms are lovely in their own way. I think the little jewel of a powder room might be my favorite. I love the juxtaposition of the elegant materials and dramatic wallcolor with the charm and whimsy of the adorable framed dog.

You must be loving your house now. Have you done a kitchen reveal or is that reno still in progress?

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

LOVE them!!! Each one is a jewel and they each have their own personality. :)

What make is the vanity in the powder room (first pics)? Is it custom? Clever shape!

• phiwwy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks so much! Yes, I just posted the kitchen. And you should see the other photo of the dog doing his business, it's framed and hangs over the toilet in the powder room :-)

The powder room vanity was custom, yes I came up with the shape/design then sought to find someone who could do curved doors.

Thanks again :-)

• hobokenkitchen
    11 years ago

Wow, what great baths!! I especially love the last one!!

Where did you get the Mirage glass tiles? Do you mind me asking how much they were?

Thanks!

• abfabamy
    11 years ago

Beautiful! All of them have such different personalities, but look great. What a great idea to put the shower control on the pony wall, makes so much sense!

• Karenseb
    11 years ago

What great bathrooms. They are all unique and beautiful.
    --The small powder room is a clever use of a small space and I love the offset sink with vanity. Where did you find the vanity and what size is that bathroom?
    --The second one has beautiful tile and a very pretty accent boarder.

--The 3rd bathroom is my favorite and has a very soothing feel. How big is your shower and what size vanity do you have? Also please tell me the size of that room. Everything fits so perfectly!

• edie3
    11 years ago

Love all of them, esp the powder room. Love the vanity and sink.

• Linda
    11 years ago

Amazing taste! These photos are all safely "pinned" away into my inspiration files! You should be so pleased. Amazing taste.

• ash6181
    11 years ago

All of them look great. I especially like that you oriented the glass tile vertically, instead of the usual horizontal orientation. It makes a big difference, I think.

• sparklebread
    11 years ago

Houzz worthy! Love all your bathroom remodels! You must have nerves of steel to pull off four bath and one kitchen remodel. :-)

• williamsem
    11 years ago

They are all gorgeous. I especially love the offset vanity with vessel sink in the 1/2 bath, the multi beige floor the middle one and the grey (?) tiles in the last one. I'm almost ready to drop from one small kitchen with all the decisions, you're either amazing or insane to do all those so close together!

• Tmnca
    11 years ago

Wow, just gorgeous!

• enduring
    11 years ago

Great job on all three, they are all unique. You have really done a fabulous job on your entire house. You and your family must be so pleased with everything! Can you give us a bit of a background on how you came to do such an extensive remodel? I posted on your kitchen thread and commented about your family room. Have you posted your family room over on the Home Decorating Forum? If you haven't, they are very involved and helpful over there.

I think the way you laid the tile in the new full bath is sharp (as we used to say). It is an unexpected yet subtle take on a very traditional tile pattern. The floor in the guest bath is pretty. I like the change in material with the smaller squares added.

How are you liking the wall hung toilet? I was wondering about that Toto model for our next BR project but was concerned with the long haul. I wondered if replacing the toilet in the the future would be difficult. I thought I might instead go with the same model but the traditional floor installed model. Any comments on the wall hung?

• phiwwy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you so much! We are truly very happy with everything. The powder room and guest baths above were done about a year ago (no wait, that's when the demo for the big reno started). anyway, they were done first then I recovered from the decision making, all the while thinking about a vision for the next 2 baths and kitchen. Since the first 2 baths were brown, we wanted gray and white for the master, a classic feel. For the new full bath above, we wanted mostly white, low cost, but then I fell in love with the blue gray glass tile on the vertical and decided to do the whole wall with it. We loved the bones of the house and that every bath was hideous and kitchen too. But they were perfectly usable and we were able to renovate room by room or 1 area at a time and still live in the house.

Nerves of steel? Insane? I dunno - but it was traumatic. Especially with the GC we started with. So much was measured incorrectly, framed not plumb and level - so a few months in we fired him and took it on ourselves (myself mainly). We had all the electrical re-done and then we hired a plasterer to board up all the walls. So I feel really good about what's behind the tiles and floor and where the wires go.

Powder room answers:

karenseb - the vanity was custom built by a carpenter. he also finished it in the dark espresso color. we sort of designed it together.

The powder room itself is 5' x 2'10". I wanted enough space for extra toilet paper and a counter space for hand soap and a pocket book. I have spare hand towels on the open bottom shelf and potpourri on the middle open shelf.

Tween bath answers:

hoboken - that tile was $16/sheet (sq foot) after the discount and I bought them at the local tile shop, where I bought everything but the kitchen BS.

enduring - the wall hung toilet was the only way to go here and include a shower. it's fine. there is a little bit of "give" but I really think that's in the wall. My tween never notices it. this bathroom also used to have a wall hung toilet. I hope we don't have to replace it in our lifetime.

karenseb - that bathroom is 57" deep (door to mirror) and the vanity is 54". The shower is about 30" wide, and runs the depth of the bathroom at 57" to allow room for a shower door. It's a long-ish shower but there was no other way to do it.

Oh and I found the name of the floor tile in the tween bath - it's Fabrique Linen Blanc. It's such a nice alternative to cheap white floor tile, it has a gray-ish strie pattern to it. I used silvershadow grout on the floor and it came out great.

Again, thanks for the kind words and wonderful compliments!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

You are amazing! I just finished drooling over your kitchen and master bath and now your other 3 baths. I love how each is unique.
    I clipped these also!
    Thanks for sharing

• motherof3inct
    11 years ago

Lovely! I especially like the 3rd bath for your daughter. What is the the white subway tile in the shower? Do you find that the Fabrique floor tile is hard to clean?

Thanks!

• phiwwy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have NO problem cleaning the Fabrique floor tile. None whatsoever. And the white subway was just the off she shelf variety from the local tile shop. I think it was called Ice White.

Hope that helps...