Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joyce_6333

Blue and White Bathrooms?

joyce_6333
15 years ago

I'm envisioning light blue and white in our new powder room - white wainscotting, vintage fixtures, blue walls. Would love to see pictures if anyone has these colors. Thanks!

Comments (37)

• bill_vincent
    15 years ago

How about DARK blue?

• Jeannine
    15 years ago

Lots of inspiration pics here:

Here is a link that might be useful: Inspiration Pics forum

• joyce_6333
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bill, that's a great blue! Here I go again, in that place called "indecision"!

Thanks, Jeannine -- what a great website! I'll be spending a few hours there!

• User
    15 years ago

That's a wonderful color combination. I don't have pictures but have seen that combo many times and love it. You can also do a blue green (light light teal) which is also very lovely!

• annkathryn
    15 years ago

My bathroom is difficult to photograph, but you can get an idea of the colors in this photo below. The upper walls are light blue, lower walls are light tan, and floor is white with blue insets.

From Hall bath

• acountryfarm
    15 years ago

This is my dormitory bath for 6 of our boys.

• callieandkarin
    15 years ago

Here is my bathroom- white calacatta marble with blue glass accents and RH Atmosphere blue on the walls.

Here is a link that might be useful: White and Blue

• joyce_6333
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh, my, such beautiful bathrooms!

acountryfarm -- That is exactly the look I was hoping to see! I love the addition of black. The little guy in te shower is a cute! What do you mean "6 of our boys". How many do you have?

Callie: hope you don't mind that I looked at your other pictures. Love that marble! Sigh! And could you give me info on your mirror? Is there storage behind?

Thanks.
    Joyce

• acountryfarm
    15 years ago

joyce - Thank you ! That would be six of my 10 sons, I also have 1 daughter. Their bathroom has 2 of everything except tub. I loved the way it turned out.

The other baths are white w/the same black counters and floor, yet each is unique and has its own accent. If you would like to see them as well let me know.

• geekette
    15 years ago

We also have a blue & white bath, finished about 3 years ago. We still love it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Final pics

• eastgate
    15 years ago

Annkathryn, could you please tell me the specific name of the tan paint?

• annkathryn
    15 years ago

The tan paint is Mohair, which is Benjamin Moore if I remember correctly. If I can find the can in my garage and see that it's not BM Mohair, I'll let you know.

• sombreuil_mongrel
    15 years ago

Hi,
    Link to gallery side.
    Thanks for the heads-up, Bill V.
    Casey

Here is a link that might be useful: Blue/White in gallery

• sawmill
    15 years ago

Joyce,

This Crown Point bathroom incorporates some of your wish list, even though it is a darker blue.

Here is a link that might be useful: Crown Point Cabinetry Bathroom

• sweeby
    15 years ago

Here's ours (almost done)

• callieandkarin
    15 years ago

Hi Joyce--

Thanks for the kind words on the bathroom. Blue and white is a great color combo for a bath, and I think you are on a good design track! Our mirror is a medicine cabinet made by Robern. It has tons of storage, outlets inside so you can store electric things out of sight, and a swing out maginifying mirror inside that is great for makeup. I love it-- pricey, but worth it.

• eastgate
    15 years ago

Thanks, Annkathryn.

• dreamywhite
    15 years ago

We have new wainscoting but it's not white, it's natural wood. But just another photo to add to your inspirational gallery.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1406143}}

• bill_vincent
    15 years ago

Sweeby-- This is the first time I've seen your bathroom! SOMEBODY'S doing a bang up job with that herringbone, wrapping the corners and all! Excellent job, and a beautiful bathroom!!

• alexamd
    15 years ago

Here is my master...mostly white, but with blue walls. It stills need some pictures on the wall.

• acountryfarm
    15 years ago

Everyone's bathrooms are just beautiful.

alexamd- wonderful wall color.

• joyce_6333
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Alexamd: What is that wonderful blue color?

• alexamd
    15 years ago

Thank you! The wall color is Benjamin Moore Nantucket Fog. It is also sold under the name Santorini Blue. I don't know why BM has two names for the same color. I discovered it by getting samples of each at separate times. When I got home, I noticed that the number was the same!

• bill_vincent
    15 years ago

I think I'm going to save that color name as well for this summer when I tear apart MY bathroom! :-)

• alexamd
    15 years ago

Bill, I can't wait to see YOUR bathroom renovation. I hope you are going to post pictures of it.

• bill_vincent
    15 years ago

I post pics of the rest of my work, you think this would slip by? LOL

Not likely!! :-)

• tulipscarolan
    15 years ago

Here's ours (not yet 100% done):

I guess it is sort of greenish blue, though...

• donka
    15 years ago

My blue and white inspiration pics for my bathroom (almost done!):

• sweeby
    15 years ago

Gorgeous Carolan! I love your peaked arch and aqua accent tiles, and that tub deck and skirt are simply beautiful.

• mrsmonkey
    15 years ago

Alexamd, do you have pictures of your shower? I also love the wall color, and would like to see the your shower tile, if you happen to have a pic :) thanks.

• alexamd
    15 years ago

Ugh...I don't think I do. Let me go through my old pictures and see if I have any that I can post.

• fluke67
    15 years ago

I've committed this one to memory (and tivo-ed the episode). floor and wall tile is either carrara or calcutta.

Here is a link that might be useful: design inc bathroom

• pamelas_kitchen
    15 years ago

I know you said light blue but I couldn't resist putting in a bid for dark blue (obviously we have a way to go here).

Here is a link that might be useful: blue and white

• kerrygw
    15 years ago

beautiful bathrooms everyone! alexamd & donka - love the double vanities in your pictures. it looks like yours is custom alexa? we're trying to figure out if we can find one that isn't custom or if we'll be adding something else to our cabinetmaker's list... do either of you have details on those vanities? if not custom, brand would be very helpful, as would the length of it. thanks!

• alexamd
    15 years ago

Yes, mine is custom. Our cabinet maker did it. Off hand, I don't remember the price. It is painted BM Dove White. The pictures that donka posted are from Pottery Barn...they were in my binder of inspiration pictures. I believe my vanity is 72" long. I hope this helps.

• jejvtr
    15 years ago

Here's an old pic of our b&w bath

• crazybusytoo
    12 years ago

Can I bump this?

Would love to see what everyone has been up to since 2009!