Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
olychick2

Resin sink?

Olychick
12 years ago

I need to replace the glass vessel sink that cracked in my bathroom. The problem is that I designed the bathroom, including faucet placement, counter height, etc on the original sink I installed, which is only 3" deep and about 15" diameter. I am having a terrible time finding a replacement.

the biggest selection of shallow vessel sinks that I've found are resin, and I've looked at 1000's, I swear. It sounds like it's similar to a solid surface counter top material. Does anyone have experience or opinions?

Thanks.

Comments (12)

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    12 years ago

Would it be possible to do a cutout in your countertop and do a semi-recessed sink?

Here is a link that might be useful: semi-recessed examples

• chibimimi
    12 years ago

Could you go with a rectangular sink that it wider, and can you go with a higher sink, replacing the faucet if necessary? There are many rectangular porcelain sinks that are only 15" deep, but most of them are 4.5 inches high or higher.

• Olychick
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Chibimim, thanks for your idea...It's a new bathroom remodel and I won't spend the $ to redo the faucet. Aesthetically, I think it needs a round or oval sink. I have room for a longer one, but the size that's there looks perfect so I'm going to try to get something close. I'm so tempted to get another like the one that broke but it is mucho $$ and I'm very unhappy with the treatment I received from the Gleen Glass folks about the crack in this one...so no more $$ to them.

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

I wish I could help- I've never seen a resin sink. I wonder if you could have a stone or ceramic sink made to order?
    Renee

• gbsim1
    12 years ago

I just ordered a beautiful sink from Diana on etsy. Her name over there is ceramic goddess (she's in TX) and she has some stunning sinks with crystalline glazes.

Price was less then a sink from home depot!

I too needed a fairly shallow one and a small diameter so I had her make one which took a few weeks She just sent the photos and it will be on its way tomorrow!

Please tell her that Grace in VA sent you if you contact her!

Here is a link that might be useful: Diana's etsy store

• Olychick
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks. I read more about resin sinks and even though they might look okay, it seems there would be a problem with water spotting and even toothpaste (no abrasives allowed). I have well water, and while it is soft, it still has made a ring in the bottom of my glass sink that I can't get out. I can't imagine worrying about toothpaste scratching a sink. gbsim, funny that I JUST saw her site today and wondered about a custom sink. Can you post your pic? I decided my ideal sink would be copper with a silver/tin/zinc wash in the interior portion only...but I might just settle on this one...and not worry about cracking or matching or??? And I can scrub it with whatever.

• gbsim1
    12 years ago

I haven't received it yet so don't have any photos of my own. If you go to the etsy store linked above and click "sales" in the sidebar, I got the green sink sold as reserved.
    I'll be using it on an oak sidebard that I'm turning into a vanity.
    (.... I mistakenly said Diana and its Diane Simon aka Ceramicgoddess@Etsy )

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

Those are gorgeous sinks. The one with the scalloped edge really caught my eye.
    Renee

• Olychick
    Original Author
    12 years ago

gbsim, your sink is really gorgeous. I can't wait to see it in your bathroom! I'm trying to get used to the idea of a plain ole' white one :(

• gbsim1
    12 years ago

I bet she could do just a white crystalline.
    I can't wait to see it in place myself!
    Here's a link to a photo of the vanity that I'll be putting to on ( it's the last one with the round wood accents)

Here is a link that might be useful: Vanity for the etsy sink

• Olychick
    Original Author
    12 years ago

gbsim, that is really going to be wonderful! Be sure to post pics when it's complete.

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia