Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
piscesgirl

Thoughts - Wood tile in bath & real wood floors in adjoining area

piscesgirl
10 years ago

We are in the planning stages of our hall bathroom. We are planning on calacatta gold marble on the walls and are leaning on wood tile for the floors. See our inspiration pictures later in the post.

My question is.... will wood tile floors in the hall bathroom look odd if we have real wood floors in our hallway. There is a door between them and I was thinking of putting a marble threshold to transition the change in flooring. The wood tile floors would be 6" wide planks and the hall flooring is 2" original oak planks. (although we are debating whether to refinish the oak floors or replace..so the size could change). The hall floors run a different direction than the hall tile would.

Also regarding color...I don't know if we should try and match the hall wood floors or go completely different. It is hard to even predict as we won't be refinishing or replacing the home's floors till another year...one project at a time :-)

I love to know everyone's thoughts.

The following are our inspiration pictures. These I believe are real wood floors, but since our hall bathroom has a tub/shower we think tile will work best.

Comments (2)