Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sadiev_gw

Recessed Medicine Cabinet - framed or frameless

SadieV
12 years ago

We have a small bathroom that we will be renovating in traditional/transitional casual style. Vanity and wood trim will be a medium stained birch. As its a small room, (and the bath my husband uses) I need to optimize my storage options. I would like to use a Robern recessed medicine chest and would prefer a framed version, but I can't justify the prices, and the framed ones don't come in the large size I'm looking for (20"w x 36"l). The frameless - with either a flat or beveled mirror are more in our price range.

On the same wall as the vanity and medicine chest, I'm planning a recessed open cabinet made and framed in the stained birch. It will hold stacks of towels and some of the lined wicker type baskets for storage. The shower will be tiled.

Is the frameless medicine chest too contemporary looking for the wood trim and cabinet? Would you suggest beveled mirror or flat? I have found other companies making framed medicine chests but wasn't happy with the quality. The Robern seems to be constructed very well.

Comments (5)