Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Love this sink, but it has no overflow...

Posted by elizawhyza (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 31, 12 at 10:48

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a large sink for a 5' bath vanity that can accommodate 2 faucets. I really like the Kohler Brockway, which I would use as a drop in for a vanity.

Unfortunately, it has no overflow. Let's just say that on occasion I've been known to forget that I left the water running, so in the interest of limiting marital drama to things that can't be prevented, I need a sink with an overflow. :-)

http://www.wayfair.com/Kohler-Brockway-4-Laundry-Sink-with-Drillings-for-Two-Faucets-K-3202-0-KOH11191.html

This sink is a utility sink, and from what I gather, they don't have overflows.

Do you know of any sinks that resemble this one that have an overflow?

Many thanks, in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Love this sink, but it has no overflow...

I love that sink. Do you leave the kitchen sink running too? I would think you could train yourself :) Another thought is that you could get those automatic on off faucets that turn off themselves.

o

Interesting idea about the automatic faucet. I have seen those in public bathrooms, but hadn't thought about them being available for home.

I will work on training myself in the meantime. The kitchen is the one that is more of a problem. Sometimes I walk away when I am filling it to let something soak. I've gotten much better about it, but I just get distracted! Embarrassing!

o

Great sink! This about how often you would even be plugging the drain. I don't do that often in my bathroom sink, so the lack of overflow wouldn't be a big worry.

o

That's an interesting idea for a bathroom sink -- is that what you're doing with it? I dont think you specifically said, but you did say it's a laundry sink...

You could always put in those little grate drains instead of a pop-up. That way you'd have to cover the drain with a rubber thingy or something if you actually need to fill it for some reason. Less likely to accidently have the drain stopped up and then overflow it.

I bought two glass bowl vessel sinks for my master bath, and they have no overflow either. I did do the pop up drains because I don't ever have a problem with leaving the tap running. :)

o

That's what I was thinking, too. You could leave the water running forever and it wouldn't fill that sink unless you plugged the drain. My vessel sink has no overflow and can't be plugged, but I did have one close call when I turned on the water to get hot to wash my face and laid the washcloth on the sink and it floated over the drain. Oops. But I saw it in time.

o

Good points, all! I'm not worried anymore! Thanks for pointing all this out.

Here's a link to installations of the sink:

http://pinterest.com/kohlerco/brockway-sink/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here