Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrshunter_gw

Master Bath Layout

MrsHunter
11 years ago

I'm having a really hard time with the master bathroom and closet layout. Any other ideas with what we could do with this space?

I'd really like to have a free-standing tub, double vanity, water closet, and seperate shower. I feel like everything I come up with just looks off. This drawing the tub is a little small. The GC said that most free standing tubs are 69" which when put in the same spot doesn't work because of the vanity.

I guess I'm just looking for suggestions, or any other ideas?

Thanks!

Comments (12)

• MrsHunter
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This is what we came up with for the free standing tub. Which I don't like because it looks weird that it is not under the window, and I think that corner would be hard to clean.

• kirkhall
    11 years ago

Additionally, your closet is a little too shallow to function well. What needs to stay where you drawn it, and what can be moved?

• Karenseb
    11 years ago

Is this new construction where plumbing and windows can be relocated?

• MrsHunter
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sorry this is a new build. So everything can be moved around.

And about the closet, we've never had a closet even close to this size, so really it's already much larger than we'd need.

Thanks!

• kirkhall
    11 years ago

But, it isn't deep enough.
    Set up a closet that is only 4'4" wide and put in 2" worth of hanging clothes, and you'll be walking sideways to get to the ends. Just make sure you are happy with utilizing 2+ feet of space to "hallway" because this closet doesn't function much differently from a 9' reach in.

• kirkhall
    11 years ago

What is the distance on the right wall between the window and the "vanity wall"?
    And, overall dimensions? ~18 x 9.5?

• MrsHunter
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm open to suggestions for the entire layout. I don't like what we have now.

We've never had a house with a master bath/closet. So I'm kind of at a loss for what to do. Also our funds are not unlimited, so trying to figure out how to make the most out of the space.

Overal dimensions are about 18 x 9.5. And I'm not 100% sure on the distance between the window and vanity.

• williamsem
    11 years ago

You'd have to draw it a little better to get the measurements right (hard to draw with my finger, sorry), but here's something different. I'm no expert, but I like tossing ideas out. Never know what might spark something!

{{gwi:1405128}}

• sundownr
    11 years ago

My bathroom dimensions are similar to yours. Mine is appx 8x20. I don't have a tub but one would probably fit in front of the door where I have the cabinet. The toilet part of my bathroom isn't as deep as the closet next to it. We made a closet for another bedroom behind the toilet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures of my bathroom start here

• sundownr
    11 years ago

Or you could make it like my other bathroom and put the closet and toilet at the end of the vanity where our entry door is and put your entry door on the wall where our toilet is now (opposite vanity). I think this bathroom is 9.5 x 11.

• Karenseb
    11 years ago

I like William's idea. You could do the toilet in an alcove and if you want two sinks set one into the closet space along with a small linen cabinet.

--You could increase closet space a little by shortening the shower and long vanity and move the vanities and toilet alcove toward the window another 6 inches or so.

• MrsHunter
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for the ideas! They have helped me to see different options that I hadn't seen before.

I do have one other question. If we do a corner vanity, how long should each side be in order to function well.

Thanks again!