Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hobokenkitchen

Finished Bathroom Reveal Thread

hobokenkitchen
11 years ago

There are so many beautiful bathrooms on this forum so I thought it might be nice to have a thread where finished bathrooms can be added as a 'one stop shop' for ideas for people planning bathrooms.

If you'd like to play along here are the rules:

1: Max 3 photos per bathroom.
2: Please add some details on your tiles/ fixtures.
3: Please keep comments to a minimum - I'm hoping this thread might be mostly pictures of finished bathrooms and the details to go along with them.

Please feel free to post your bathrooms! : )

Comments (72)

• Olychick
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Another appeal to post your pics on the gallery side here. These threads disappear after a while, but the gallery pics remain and it's nice to have all the pics in one place.

• allison0704
    11 years ago

What pretty bathrooms! Hoboken, your master turned out great! Are you going to leave the window bare or add some fabric?

DD2 recently remodeled her master bath, linked the thread below that has more pictures and information (these threads get so long!):

Before:

After:

Here is a link that might be useful: My Daughter's Master Bath Redo

This post was edited by allison0704 on Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 22:51

• allison0704
    11 years ago

A GW member asked me about our master recently, also linking that thread that has more pictures:

Here is a link that might be useful: Allison's Master Bath

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

Here's one that isn't mine, but I've always thought she did a terrific job and she doesn't come around anymore, so I'll post it for her. JeanninePC99's marble bath:

More details (she was the poster child here for how much what you get can differ from the samples when dealing with real stone tile) in her blog:

Here is a link that might be useful: JeanninePC99's before and after

• likewhatyoudo
    11 years ago

I am in the planning stage of my master bathroom and Hall/guest bath so just following this. I hope to get alot of inspiration pictures! Beautiful bathrooms everyone.

• allison0704
    11 years ago

Jeannine's bathroom is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

Here is our powder room:

The ceiling is not shiny any more... and the true wall color is in the picture above.

{{gwi:1404506}}

I'll have to take pictures of our other bathrooms.

This post was edited by allison0704 on Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 22:52

• phiwwy
    11 years ago

Master bath:
    Tiles - Mirage slate gray (floor), Imola creme field tile, Jerusalem heights marble mosaic accent
    Fixtures - Rohl and Hans Grohe in polished nickel
    Toto Guenivere toilet
    Dover Woods vanity/towers in Beluga stain
    LIghts - Crystorama chandelier, Hudson Valley Rockland sconces
    Thermasol steam unit and controls
    Granite - Ivory Supreme

This vanity is about 83" long (the towers are 15" each). The center part is about 52" (there are fillers here and there). The sinks are super small - Porcer Marquee Petit Oval - 14 1/2 x 9 1/2 inside dimensions (hence the need to purchase a shorter spout)

This post was edited by phylhl on Sat, Mar 23, 13 at 21:06

• williamsem
    11 years ago

I'm going to post a single "before" just because I think there are a zillion cookie cutter baths out there just like it, and I hated it!

And now...

This was done quickly due to a tub crack, so I needed all stock items. I'll post what I remember, anyone searching can message me with questions.

Tub and surround, Sterling at Lowe's
    Vanity and top, Lowes
    Tile, Lowes, I think it's Capri Noce, about $2/sf
    Light, Amazon marketplace
    Faucets/shower fixtures, Price Pfister Pasadena, Home Depot (long story, but they're great)
    Toilet, Lowes, Kohler comfort height unknown model
    Accessories and shower curtain from Bed, Bath and Beyond
    Curtains from Boscov's

Minus labor, the materials/accessories ran about $2500. I was going to attemp DIY aside from the tub, but since it's our only full bath I decided to pay for a reasonable time frame :-)

• Olychick
    11 years ago

I've posted these so many times, even I'm sick of them!

To post to the gallery, when you click on Baths, you'll see a star and next to it: Messages:

Then right below that, before you see all the threads listed, it says:

On-Topic Discussions [Switch to: Gallery]

Switch to Gallery and please post your pics there, too. They stay there longer for future bathroom planners!

This post was edited by olychick on Sun, Mar 24, 13 at 3:31

• enduring
    11 years ago

Yeah, but Oly, each time you post these I love them more and more!

• kateskouros
    11 years ago

deleted

This post was edited by kateskouros on Mon, Feb 10, 14 at 16:04

• enduring
    11 years ago

OMG, that's the shinny marble you posted about on the kitchen forum?!!! I know that you mentioned it isn't etching like the calcutta you have; but I'd never notice! This is like a movie star's BR.

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ah Kateskouras - my all time favorite bathroom ever. I have been lucky enough to see this in person and it's to die for. Really. That shell tile was worth all the hassle you went through to get it.

I want to see more of your place now it's furnished!!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Wow!
    Some really great ideas!
    We have not started yet - so I am just lurking.
    OlyChick - who makes your tub?
    Hobo - same question

Phyll - How wide is your vanity - I think I asked on your post but never saw a response.

Alllison - same question.

I am debating on his and her caves or a shared cave...

Beagles - very creative - are you still in Florida? I will be in Pa in mid April

• kateskouros
    11 years ago

thank you for the nice comments. and hoboken, you'll have to wait a little longer. it's not furnished! i was hoping to move the two lee sofas into the great room and get that done, but dh asked me to put the breaks on the sectional for the living room, so nothing yet. i just ordered curtains for dd's room, and that's about it. (big sigh)

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    11 years ago

a2gemini I will be back in PA on the 9th of May. I'll be there until July 13, then Maine for a month. Then I'll be in PA until Nov. If you are around in May, June or August-Nov, we'd love to have you come visit :)

• Olychick
    11 years ago

Aw, thanks Enduring. I just realized I didn't see the rule about 3 max pix, though, so I'm off to edit a couple out.

a2gemini, the tub is a Sanijet. I love it.

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ah don't worry about the pics - rules are made to be broken. ; )

• sochi
    11 years ago

Gorgeous bathrooms everyone, what a wonderful thread. Here is my small interior master bathroom. Renovation was completed about 10 months ago.

Floor tiles: Cement Nickel by Antica
    Wall tiles: Yakarta Blanco from Porcelanosa
    Shower heads: Hansgrohe
    Toilet: Toto (we reused the existing toilet)
    Sink: Kohler
    Faucet: Cifial
    Vanity: live edge walnut
    Sconces: Sonneman Teardrop
    Shower Threshold: Caesarstone Raven
    Wood floor in shower: Ipe decking

• sedona_heaven
    11 years ago

Sochi I love your bathroom! How do you describe this style? Zen organic? Rustic modern? People have been asking me what 'style' I like and I don't know how to describe it. Ill just have to show them your bathroom ;)

• TSG1104
    11 years ago

So many beautiful bathrooms. Just want to subscribe for the eye candy.

• Pipdog
    11 years ago

I love seeing all of these beautiful bathrooms collected in one place. Here's my all white transitional master bath (it's Calacatta and Caesarstone, Duravit tub, Toto and Hansgrohe fixtures):

• Pipdog
    11 years ago

and the kid's bath, AKDO marble basketweave:

• goldstox
    11 years ago

My son's bathroom. Finished in 2011. Kohler tub and drain kit. Andre Collection shower head, spout, and trim. Azul Prieto marble with crema marfil baseboards from Oracle in Anaheim.

• goldstox
    11 years ago

Great, I think these pics are appearing sideways again.

• goldstox
    11 years ago

Azul Prieto marble

• sapphire6917
    11 years ago

Thanks for this thread! I've been to the gallery and there are a LOT of missing pictures and broken links so it's nice to be able to see these in one thread.

• annkathryn
    11 years ago

Master bath

From MasterBath
    From MasterBath

Tile close-up in shower

From MasterBath

Floor tile in Sintesi Glamour Brown and wall tile is Palais Beige from TileShop. Wall color is BM Grasshopper. Light fixtures are George Kovacs Tube Brushed Nickel LED Wall Sconces, and mirrors are Loft 24-Inch Dark Walnut, all from Bellacor. Glass tile for the waterfall is Gigis Groovy Stiix in "Love Shack", showers are Hansgrohe. Counter top is quartz, sinks were provided by the fabricator and the faucets are Grohe. We had the linen tower from our previous house remodel, it's from Ronbow.

Here is a link that might be useful: Details

• annkathryn
    11 years ago

Upstairs hall bathroom remodel. Shower was existing Sonoma Stellar tiles, everything else is new. Vanity is Ikea kitchen cabinets, top is quartz.

From Upstairs Bath
    From Upstairs Bath
    From Upstairs Bath

Here is a link that might be useful: Details

• annkathryn
    11 years ago

Converted a half bath into a small full bath with curbless shower and wall-mounted toilet.

Floor tile is Natif Ambra, tile behind the toilet is Tokyo Wenge, wall tile in the shower is Yakarta Wenge, all from Porcelanosa.

Ronbow vanity
    Toto wall-mounted toilet
    Moen toilet paper grab bar
    Whitner Angled Grab Bar With Basket from Signature Hardware
    Light fixture from Bellacor
    Quartz counter
    The mirror is one we had that fit the space.
    Medicine cabinet was existing

From Downstairs Bath
    From Downstairs Bath
    From Downstairs Bath

Here is a link that might be useful: Small bath details

• sochi
    10 years ago

mayberry - sorry I didn't see your question earlier. Generally I'd describe my style as warm modern or maybe see organic modern I think, with a touch of minimalism perhaps. That bathroom is a little bit rustic modern, definitely with some Zen or Asian influence (although I didn't set out looking for an Asian inspired theme).

What is warm modern or organic modern? Who knows. :) I just know I like simple, clean lines, minimalist detail and lots of wood, especially birch, walnut and teak.

• mabeldingeldine_gw
    10 years ago

I just posted my DIY bathroom reveal, but here are a few photos for this useful thread.

We reused the old built-in-place-vanity, tub light fixtures, and medicine cabinet. We re-purposed an old door for the vanity top, and an old pail and cook-pot lid for the trash can.

Other details will follow the photos, and more photos are available on the reveal thread.

Kraus sink and faucet ordered from Amazon
    American Standard Clean Cadet from Lowes
    American Olean 4-in x 4-in Earthenware Ice White ceramic wall tile
    Oracle Stone and Tile 1x1 Bianca Carrara polished marble mosaic tile
    Carrara pencil tile from Home Depot
    Marble door threshold for vanity windowsill from Home Depot
    Laticrete Spectralock Grout in Silver shadow
    Redi Tile Niche inserts
    Moen Kingsley Grab Bars
    Moen Brantford Shower trim
    Moen curved shower rod
    Grohe Bao Showerhead
    Grohe Relexa Rustic handshower and slide

Paint:
    SW Silverplate on walls
    SW Butter on vanity
    SW Animated Coral vanity interior
    SW Full Moon on ceiling
    SW Butter with added white on music cabinet

Other:
    Old music cabinet, re-painted
    Old mirror from a tag sale
    White seersucker shower curtain from Country Curtains
    Antique milk-glass knobs from local shop
    Trashcan - old enamel pail with cook-pot lid cover

Here is a link that might be useful: Reveal thread

• enduring
    10 years ago

Ok, I'm a late comer, but I wanted to actually do my "Reveal" before I posted the reveal.

I have yet to make my roman shade for the window, other than that I'm DONE!

I have a huge list of details so I will link to my "Reveal.." thread I posted today. See below for the link.

Click on the image below to take you to "Story" in Photobucket:

Here is a link that might be useful: Bathroom Reveal

• raehelen
    10 years ago

Enduring,

Yup, looks like our bathrooms are very similar in size. Mine is a little longer, 6 1/2 feet wide, 10'3" long. My door opens in the bottom right hand corner, next to where you have your vanity.

I would love to pick your brain when I am ready to start on this one, need to finish the Master first, but literally, the day it's done, we'll be gutting the Main, as DH will be re-routing all the major plumbing, so both BR's will be out of commission until that's finished. (We have already renoed Basement BR, so guess we'll be hiking and maybe sleeping downstairs for a day or two).

I do have an immediate question, though, what are you using to render those floorplans? Did you buy some kind of software?

• enduring
    10 years ago

Raehelen, I happen to have a copy of Adobe Illustrator which is not the best program to use because there is no scaling feature like a cad program. Its been years since I used a Cad program. In Illustrator I have been setting it up in real life measurements and there is a limit to how big the program will allow the "Art Board" to be. Illustrator is a drawing program that is somewhat versatile for these "construction" drawings that I'm doing though Sketchup by Google would be a better tool, I believe. I know Angie_DIY had used it for her kitchen several years ago and had wonderful drawings. It is free to download. I tried it once and it was somewhat cumbersome as there was a learning curve that I didn't take the time to ride. So I went with my Illustrator. The Woodsmith Store, that is local fancy wood working and lumber store, teaches how to use Sketchup in a class they provide. I think I will try downloading it onto my Mac and give it another shot as I approach my next BR project. BTY I have it all drawn up in Illustrator already :) But it might be fun to learn Sketchup.

• dljmth
    10 years ago

Sochi - LOVE your bathroom. What is the wall color? It's a serene green.

• roxy2007
    10 years ago

Sochi!

Love Love Love your shower!!! I love simple clean lines and was trying to look for ideas and came across your shower picture. I'm just starting a bathroom reno, my space is approx 5' x 12'.

How large is your shower? Also, can I assume the wooden floor in the shower is removable?

Thanks!!

• SCJennifer
    10 years ago

Sochi - I love your bathroom as well. Where did you find the walnut countertop, and how is it finished? Is it holding up so far? Thank you!

• Laura517
    10 years ago

Pipdog: Love your master bath! The floor is gleaming in the sunshine! Did you have your installer cut the hexagons out of 12 x 12 marble? If not where did you find the large size hexagons?

Also love your mirrors and sconces- great job!

• Pipdog
    10 years ago

Hi Laura, thanks -- the large marble hex came that size/shape. We ordered all the marble from AKDO.

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

Son's bathroom:
    Counter--white princess quartzite
    Cab--Precision Cabinets
    Toilet--Toto dual flush
    Floor tile--remnant pieces

• enduring
    10 years ago

Firsthouse_mp, very nice job. What model of Toto is that? I like the simplicity of the room and for a son it seems perfect; easy to clean. Great counter space.

• benlinus
    10 years ago

I just love the all showers, all are extremely good, Well designed. PipDog, The floor is gleaming in the sunshine here mm gonna upload some pictures of my bathrooms , Designed by my mother. I just love it. It looks simple but amazing.

• benlinus
    10 years ago

I just love the all showers, all are extremely good, Well designed. PipDog, The floor is gleaming in the sunshine here mm gonna upload some pictures of my bathrooms , Designed by my mother. I just love it. It looks simple but amazing.

{{gwi:1404342}}

• mom6
    10 years ago

These are great, add more!!!

• marthastoo
    10 years ago

Pipdog - what color grout did you use with the basketweave in your son's bathroom? We ordered the same tile from AKDO and we initially went with a white grout, but I think you have a gray, which is what I'm thinking of switching to.

• debrak2008
    10 years ago

Here is our finished master bath. Done about 2 1/2 years ago. NOTE about colors...some photos cast a beige look to the tile but it is not like that in person. Tub, toilet, sink, shower base are white. Tile is Ontario gray floor, virginia gray walls and back splash, antique cobalt glass tile. Walls are laura ashley sapphire #3, ceiling #1. Granite is steel gray/silver pearl. Cabinet is Aristokraft maple in rouge. We installed electric underfloor heating. The shower may look small but it is more deep than wide and plenty big enough. Shower base is Swanstone. It is new 2nd floor construction (master bedroom and bath over an existing 1st floor).

I never did finish decorating. Maybe this winter.

• kompy
    10 years ago

This is my upstairs hall bath in my 1930 home. It was a complete gut job down to the framing. My 11 year old son and I did the entire demo ourselves (I'm a 48 yr old mom). As a KD, I was able to purchase most everything at my cost....but the overall cost for this re-do was still $6K as I went with high quality materials. I hired out all the other labor: plumbing, carpentry and tile.

Here's my materials list:
    Vanity: Showplace Wood Products, Beaded Inset Vintage Cherry Distressed and glazed, Concord door, matte finish

Top: Silestone Quartz "Lagoon"

Faucet: GROHE "Feel"; Starlight Chrome 1-Handle Single Hole Bathroom Sink Faucet
    Item #: 339520 : Model #: 23171000 (at Lowes)

Floor: Florida Hex Tile; Black and White w/ Charcoal grout (next lightest to black)

Tub/Surround: Sterling by Kohler

Sconce Lights: Purchased thru Lampsplus; Minka Lavery Hyllcastle Chrome 18" Wide Bath Bar Style # P5672

Beadboard: Purchased from Nantucket Beadboard

Train Rack: Purchased for $40 at Tuesday Morning

Mirror: Old beveled mirror that came with my house and was hung in my son's bedroom.

Towels: JCPenney

• enduring
    10 years ago

What a sweet bathroom. Your son must be sooooo proud of mama. I think it is so empowering for kids to experience how things are done, instead of done for them :

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is our small downstairs bathroom. Toilet is Toto Soirée. Vanity is the original repainted with Toto sinks and granite. It's awkward to photograph due to the shape. Sorry!