Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finished Bathroom Reveal Thread

Posted by hobokenkitchen (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 10:05

There are so many beautiful bathrooms on this forum so I thought it might be nice to have a thread where finished bathrooms can be added as a 'one stop shop' for ideas for people planning bathrooms.

If you'd like to play along here are the rules:

1: Max 3 photos per bathroom.
2: Please add some details on your tiles/ fixtures.
3: Please keep comments to a minimum - I'm hoping this thread might be mostly pictures of finished bathrooms and the details to go along with them.

Please feel free to post your bathrooms! : )

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finished Bathroom Reveal Thread

I'll start with our old Hoboken row home master bathroom.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Toto Soiree toilet
English Cane single vanity from Restoration Hardware
Gray Foussana floor & shower walls, white thassos 1 x 1 shower floor & bevelled subway tile all from Artistic Tile.

o

Guest bathroom Hoboken row home.

Kohler Memoirs sink and toilet.
Kohler Mariposa tub
Crackle finish subway tile with a glass border line from Artistic Tile. Can't remember the floor, but it's a mix of limestones also from Artistic Tile. It was better in person.

o

Wish we could take credit for this one, but it was already there when we bought the house. This is from our Philadelphia row home that we just sold. It's all travertine.
I know the tub is the Tea For Two.

o

Master bath:

o

Jack & Jill Bath:

o

Guest bath:

And two of our powder room just for fun:

o

Great idea! I love your rooms, Hobokenkitchen. I look forward to this becoming a bathroom eye-candy thread. Maybe if people include a link to their reveal thread (or other more detailed post) that will help keep this thread as mostly pictures, as you suggested.

Here is our masterbath which was a to-the-studs reno in 2011-2012. We took a big white box of a room and created some architectural interest, separate his and hers vanites and a water closet with a vanity.

photo Picture316.jpg

photo Picture185.jpg

photo Picture197.jpg

Our sources and materials:

Paint colors: Sherwin Williams ~ Kilim Beige, Nomadic Desert & Divine White (Custom % of each)

Whirlpool/airbath tub:
MTI ~ Harmony (#AU-85) (Biscuit)

Vanities:
Custom Amish built (solid cherry)

Chandelier: Pottery Barn ~ Clarissa

Sconces: (Hers) Justice Designs ~ Veneto Luce Capellini (Brushed nickel w/ white frosted glass)
(His) Justice Designs ~ Rondo (Brushed nickel w/ white frosted glass)

Vanity light: Justice Designs ~ Rondo (Brushed nickel w/ white frosted glass)

Faucets: Sigma ~ Alicante (Polished nickel)
Rain showerhead: Jado ~ Traditional rainhead (10") (#860/110/150) (Polished nickel)

Regular & handheld showerheads: Sigma (Polished nickel)

Electronic shower valve: Moen I/O Digital (Satin nickel)

Sinks: (2) Toto ~ Rendezvous (#LT579G-12) 17" x 14" (Sedona Beige) (With Sanagloss)
(1) Toto Undercounter Lavatory (LT577-12) 15" x 12" (Sedona Beige)

Toilet: Toto ~ Guineviere (Sedona Beige) (With Sanagloss)

Porcelain tile: Edimax ~ Materia Forte (Bronzea)

Deco accent tiles: Edimax (Travertine)

Base molding ("skirting"): The Tile Shop ~ Travertine ~ Bucak Lt. Walnut (honed finish)

Heated floor: NuHeat custom floor mat system

Granite: Moxuara 3cm

Shower door: Custom frameless with polished nickel pivot hinge

Shower door handle: U.S. Horizon 10" ergonomic handle (#HY-10BTB-PN) (polished nickel)

Towel Warmer: Runtal ~ Solea (#STRED-3420) ( Satin Nickel R640)

Water Closet
Solatube 10" <200 sq ft. Optiview lens

Fiberglass columns: Crown Column ~ Plain tapered 8" x 66" (trimmed) with attic base

Cabinet hardware:
Drawer pulls: Restoration Hardware ~ Mason 4" pull (polished nickel)
Cabinet knobs: Schaub ~ Empire (#882-pn) (polished nickel)

I've linked the reveal thread below for more pictures, Q & A's, etc. If you have any questions or want more info or pictures, feel free to post on that thread.

Here is a link that might be useful: My reveal thread including before and after pics

o

I hope you will all post your pics on the bathroom gallery side, too.

o

Beagles - what is the blue tile on your master bath wall?

o

Fantastic idea!

My husband and I are restoring an 1890 Victorian house... The experience has been everything from good, to bad, to ugly, to fantastic. Living in a construction-zone, and sharing the role of general-contractor with my husband has been challenging.

Before Pictures

Finished Bathroom

Fixtures, Details, and Vendors

Vintage-inspired bathroom remodel. We used subway tile, marble lookalike and designed a custom medicine cabinet

Our process has been entirely DIY, and therefore excruciatingly slow…  After three years, we finally began the bathroom on the second-floor.  It’s a small, narrow room, with a large window in the shower.  Originally, the sink and toilet were on opposite walls... creating an obstacle course and making an already small room, even smaller.

Our vintage-inspired bathroom remodel.

We added a transom window over the doorway to make the room feel larger, and bring light into the hallway.  The large mirror over the sink gives the illusion that the room is much wider than it actually is...  And the smaller mirror on the short side is actually a custom cabinet we built between the wall studs.

how to build your own custom medicine cabinet

We wanted to keep the design simple, bright, and modern. But also retain a vintage-aesthetic to complement the age of the house.  We used subway tile, a console sink, marble-lookalike floor tile, and a concealed trapway skirted toilet.

Vintage reproduction bathroom fixtures. Kohler shower and tub.  Renovating our old house bathroom. reproduction vintage bathroom fixtures.concealed trapway skirted toilet.  american standard tropic.  marble lookalike porcelain tile.  Peronda museum, bianca carrara

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos of finished bathroom remodel.

This post was edited by VictoriaElizabeth on Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 21:04

o

Here is our latest bath remodel - it doesn't have the fininshing touches yet, but this should give the idea:

Tub: Victoria and Albert Toulouse.
Vanity: British Cane vanity from ModernBathroom.com.
Toilet: Toto Soiree.
Floor tile: Artistic Tile Exedra porcelain calcutta marble look a like.
Wall subways: Artistic Tile Pavarotti Pearl
Feature Tile: Danse Lucido Vetromarmi water jet tile also from Artistic Tile.
Lighting: Overstock.com

o

Those are strict, but vague, rules. So I'll take it to mean that it's three befores and three afters, and some leeway for itemizing costs (I had a lot of items). So, here you go.

Before:

photo DSC_0997.jpg

photo DSC_0998.jpg

photo DSC_0999.jpg

After:

photo DSC_1117-1.jpg

photo DSC_1126-1.jpg

photo DSC_0015.jpg

Total gut (with the exception of the toilet, linen closet door, and bathroom door (which has since been changed)). Materials:

9"x18" honed calacatta gold (natural stone, not fake) with beveled edges (make sure you put them close so that you don't end up with too big of a grout line caused by the bevel--luckily, I thought about it beforehand); purchased on clearance from a local wholesaler for $13 per square foot for a total of ~$3K with tax.

2"x2" polished "Grecian white" marble from Home Depot for the shower floor; $10 per square foot (sheet mosaic) for a total of ~$170 with tax.

Grout is TEC Dove Gray unsanded for bathroom floor and shower walls and TEC Dove Gray sanded for shower floor (which had wider spacing in the mosaic).

Silkroad Exclusives vanity (60"x22"x36") (http://www.silkroadexclusive.com/item.php?item_code=HYP-0715-60&subcategory=double_vanities_60_to_72); purchased direct from the factory through an eBay seller for ~$900 (which included a vein cut travertine top that I removed because it didn't go with my coloring. I also switched out the hardware for Restoration Hardware Felicity in polished nickel (all that they had left in the same style bail pulls as what came with the vanity, and for ~$70).)

Vanity top and knee/shower wall caps and thresholds are all 2 cm antique brown granite (a.k.a. marron cohiba) in a leathered finish; purchased a remnant from a local granite/marble yard fabricated and installed for ~$1500.

Nuheat floor mat (not custom sized) with thermostat; purchased from a local radiant floor heating contractor for less than $375 total.

Toilet is Jacuzzi Prestige, which I had before and reused; purchased from Lowes for ~$130.

Tub is Mirabelle Edenton air bath (30"x20"x60") with chrome tap drain (pump is behind a removable wainscoting panel on the other side of the knee wall).

All valves are Kohler and all sink and shower hardware (tub filler and controls, faucets for vanity, volume valve trims, (one for shower head and one for 2 body sprays), thermostatic valve trim, and shower door handle were all Kohler Pinstripe Pure (i.e., the Pinstripe without the actual pinstripes), as was the shower head and trim (which was the newer Katalyst variety (different, but allegedly more luxurious aeration and feel for $25 more or so), and two standard Kohler body sprays (the ones with fewer nozzles); purchased these from Overstock, believe it or not, and a few other places online, which saved a boatload--about $3K.

Shower and other recessed lighting all standard, Home Depot, builder-supplied, 50 Watt halogens; ~$300

Sconce is Restoration Hardware Dillon in chrome from the local Restoration Hardware Outlet; ~$100.

Mirrors are the Fanella mirrors (I think the 23" width) from Lowes; great deal at $200 total.

Towel bar and robe hooks were from Homegoods; ~$35. (Oil boat painting is also from Homegoods and was ~$75.)

New window is an Anderson 400 Series casement with snap-in grille in solid wood with extruded vinyl/fibrex outside; purchased locally for ~$400.

Shower door and knee wall glass are Starfire glass and with the chrome tracks on the top of the knee wall and running up the exterior wall's tiling and the chrome in-swing and out-swing hinges ~$1500 (I may be off on that, and I changed it out from the regular glass because it was too green and I decided it was worth the extra money (which my glass place decided to provide me without a double charge)--see the post for the difference in coloring).

In-wall speakers were about $750 for the pair, but the wire was extra.

Last, but not least, labor (which included construction materials (drywall, shower pan materials (liner, hardibacker, drain), mortar/wet bed, copper, wood for contractor-made wainscoting and other moulding, dry wall, etc. was about $12K.

Here is a link that might be useful: My remodel

This post was edited by KevinMP on Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 21:20

o

Kevin, nice vanity. Sorry you found the 'rules' strict and vague.
This is meant to be an idea thread for people planning bathrooms so I was trying to have a compilation of 'after' photos. I said max 3 as I have seen reveal threads with 20+ pics and this is meant to be a manageable thread of ideas for everyone.

The 'rules' aren't hard and fast. If you feel your before pics can give people inspiration for their bathroom remodel then of course you should post them, but I was hoping more for a thread of finished bathrooms.

o

I was just kidding. This is a great idea. If only they didn't cap it at 150 posts (one of which I'm wasting here to make sure you didn't take me too seriously)!

o

All the bathrooms are beautiful.

Hoboken - I love all 3, especially the ones you designed yourself. Is the BritishCane vanity from moderbathroom the 72" English Cane one for $1599? How does the quality compare to your old RH one?

Sorry to ask questions and add non-picture posts. I just couldnt help myself because your bathrooms are so nice.

o

Good idea, Hoboken. I don't even know how to find the gallery for bathrooms....
First,bath/laundry room, then powder room. Coming soon: master bath! House built in 1889.

photo DSC_1170.jpg photo DSC_0961.jpgpowder room photo kitchen048.jpg

o

This is definitely a gathering of beautiful bathrooms!

Motherof3inct, yes that's the one. We haven't had it long, but it seems good so far. I love the look as evidenced by having two similar vanities in two different homes. Hopefully it will stand up over time. I do think the price was very good (and included the top).

I have another two almost finished bathrooms I'll be adding soon, one guest bathroom and one guest/ kids bathroom. Hopefully they'll turn out ok!

Edited to add pics - I found these pics of our unfinished powder room in the Hoboken house - I don't seem to have any finished pics of it for some reason.
Porcher Ovale cabinet with an Oceana glass sink and Toto Pacifica two piece toilet.
The floor was once again from Artistic Tile.

This post was edited by hobokenkitchen on Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 21:47

o

My former bathroom was no show stopper but given the constraints I think it was a success. I knew I was moving when I renovated this bathroom, but I didn't know when, and I didn't want to cheap out on it even though I would not see any return on it.

The before was abysmal, with a patchy mix of 1.5" off-white mosaic, a vanity with a shell shaped bowl, and a tub with a worn thin finish.

By the time I took this picture, there had been an unsuccessful attempt to refinish the tub and tile which failed immediately, and we had a new toilet rigged in and were washing our hands in the bathtub. This bathroom disappeared in increments over a period of a few years.

The party wall was rebricked and plastered (It was the back of my neighbor's medicine cabinet before that)

photo emptytoiletandvanityarea.jpg

The demo photo shows the 1840 floor and wall, and revealed a window that I knew had been bricked up. I had looked into replacing it with a round, operable window similar to others in the building but the estimates were coming in like $8000.00.
 photo viewfromdoorandbathaccess.jpg

The finished product utilized pretty basic materials:
Daltile Rittenhouse Square
Daltile Matte Octagon and Dot (had I been staying I would have done Hex)
Kraftmaid Vanity
American Standard vitreous china vanity top
American Standard Americast tub (had I been staying I would have done cast iron)
Toto Eco Nexus Toilet
Kohler Triton lavatory and bath/shower faucets
Rejuvenation sconces
Rejuvenation portiere rod used as shower curtain

This was our Only toilet and bathtub, so we were without a functioning toilet only two days of the process and without a shower for not much longer. The contractor has a niche market for this type of situation and he has it down to a science.
 photo 9.jpg

o

How has this died so quickly? The bathroom forum has been very pathetic lately in terms of traffic, so let's bump this back up. Hoeboken, that's an awful lot of bathrooms to tolerate redoing. I give you props. I was at wits end, but then again I was going to the bathroom in my kitchen sink (only the appropriate (if anything is appropriate) variety) and was only showering a few times a week. Miserable.

o

Here is our small master reno.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Bathroom details:
Vanity and Medicine Cabinet - Medallion Platinum Series in White Chocolate
Countertop and Shower Threshold - Cambria Canterbury with pencil edge
Floor - American Olean Caterina in Roman Gold. 12x12 tiles on the diagonal
Shower - American Orlean Caterina in Roman Gold. 10x12 tile on walls, Mosaic on floor and back of niche
Shower Door - Frameless with polished chrome hardware
Toilet - Kohler Cimarron from Lowe's
Sink - Kohler supplied by fabricator
Faucet, Vanity lights, TP holder, Pulls and Knobs - RH Asbury in polished nickel
Shower Fixtures - Hand shower by Grohe. All other fixtures by Hansgrohe. All in polished chrome
Mirrors - Pompanoosuc Mills in natural cherry
Shutter - Garber from Lowe's
Walls - BM in Warmed Cognac
Trim - BM in China White
Pocket Door - Masonite with frosted glass

Here is a link that might be useful: nhbaskets original reveal

o

Custom made vanities topped with creamera marble, Brizo polished nickel faucets, travertine floors...and $60.00 mirrors from Garden Ridge...see the tags!?

o

Mansfield air tub, marble surround with travertine tiles. My pictures aren't great, but it's all I have at the moment.

There are so many nice bathrooms on GW!

o

Another appeal to post your pics on the gallery side here. These threads disappear after a while, but the gallery pics remain and it's nice to have all the pics in one place.

o

What pretty bathrooms! Hoboken, your master turned out great! Are you going to leave the window bare or add some fabric?

DD2 recently remodeled her master bath, linked the thread below that has more pictures and information (these threads get so long!):

Before:

After:

Here is a link that might be useful: My Daughter's Master Bath Redo

This post was edited by allison0704 on Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 22:51

o

A GW member asked me about our master recently, also linking that thread that has more pictures:

Here is a link that might be useful: Allison's Master Bath

o

Here's one that isn't mine, but I've always thought she did a terrific job and she doesn't come around anymore, so I'll post it for her. JeanninePC99's marble bath:

More details (she was the poster child here for how much what you get can differ from the samples when dealing with real stone tile) in her blog:

Here is a link that might be useful: JeanninePC99's before and after

o

I am in the planning stage of my master bathroom and Hall/guest bath so just following this. I hope to get alot of inspiration pictures! Beautiful bathrooms everyone.

o

Jeannine's bathroom is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

Here is our powder room:

The ceiling is not shiny any more... and the true wall color is in the picture above.

I'll have to take pictures of our other bathrooms.

This post was edited by allison0704 on Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 22:52

o

Master bath:
Tiles - Mirage slate gray (floor), Imola creme field tile, Jerusalem heights marble mosaic accent
Fixtures - Rohl and Hans Grohe in polished nickel
Toto Guenivere toilet
Dover Woods vanity/towers in Beluga stain
LIghts - Crystorama chandelier, Hudson Valley Rockland sconces
Thermasol steam unit and controls
Granite - Ivory Supreme

Untitled

This vanity is about 83" long (the towers are 15" each). The center part is about 52" (there are fillers here and there). The sinks are super small - Porcer Marquee Petit Oval - 14 1/2 x 9 1/2 inside dimensions (hence the need to purchase a shorter spout)
Untitled

Untitled

This post was edited by phylhl on Sat, Mar 23, 13 at 21:06

o

I'm going to post a single "before" just because I think there are a zillion cookie cutter baths out there just like it, and I hated it!

And now...

This was done quickly due to a tub crack, so I needed all stock items. I'll post what I remember, anyone searching can message me with questions.

Tub and surround, Sterling at Lowe's
Vanity and top, Lowes
Tile, Lowes, I think it's Capri Noce, about $2/sf
Light, Amazon marketplace
Faucets/shower fixtures, Price Pfister Pasadena, Home Depot (long story, but they're great)
Toilet, Lowes, Kohler comfort height unknown model
Accessories and shower curtain from Bed, Bath and Beyond
Curtains from Boscov's

Minus labor, the materials/accessories ran about $2500. I was going to attemp DIY aside from the tub, but since it's our only full bath I decided to pay for a reasonable time frame :-)

o

I've posted these so many times, even I'm sick of them!

To post to the gallery, when you click on Baths, you'll see a star and next to it: Messages:

Then right below that, before you see all the threads listed, it says:

On-Topic Discussions [Switch to: Gallery]

Switch to Gallery and please post your pics there, too. They stay there longer for future bathroom planners!

c. Vanity and linen tower photo vanityviewfrominsideshower.jpg

a. Pocket door photo Pocketdoorandlinentower.jpg

. Sanijet and sparkly tile photo Sanijettubsparkletile.jpg

This post was edited by olychick on Sun, Mar 24, 13 at 3:31

o

Yeah, but Oly, each time you post these I love them more and more!

o

deleted

This post was edited by kateskouros on Mon, Feb 10, 14 at 16:04

o

OMG, that's the shinny marble you posted about on the kitchen forum?!!! I know that you mentioned it isn't etching like the calcutta you have; but I'd never notice! This is like a movie star's BR.

o

Ah Kateskouras - my all time favorite bathroom ever. I have been lucky enough to see this in person and it's to die for. Really. That shell tile was worth all the hassle you went through to get it.

I want to see more of your place now it's furnished!!

o

Wow!
Some really great ideas!
We have not started yet - so I am just lurking.
OlyChick - who makes your tub?
Hobo - same question

Phyll - How wide is your vanity - I think I asked on your post but never saw a response.

Alllison - same question.

I am debating on his and her caves or a shared cave...

Beagles - very creative - are you still in Florida? I will be in Pa in mid April

o

thank you for the nice comments. and hoboken, you'll have to wait a little longer. it's not furnished! i was hoping to move the two lee sofas into the great room and get that done, but dh asked me to put the breaks on the sectional for the living room, so nothing yet. i just ordered curtains for dd's room, and that's about it. (big sigh)

o

a2gemini I will be back in PA on the 9th of May. I'll be there until July 13, then Maine for a month. Then I'll be in PA until Nov. If you are around in May, June or August-Nov, we'd love to have you come visit :)

o

Aw, thanks Enduring. I just realized I didn't see the rule about 3 max pix, though, so I'm off to edit a couple out.

a2gemini, the tub is a Sanijet. I love it.

o

Ah don't worry about the pics - rules are made to be broken. ; )

o

Gorgeous bathrooms everyone, what a wonderful thread. Here is my small interior master bathroom. Renovation was completed about 10 months ago.

Floor tiles: Cement Nickel by Antica
Wall tiles: Yakarta Blanco from Porcelanosa
Shower heads: Hansgrohe
Toilet: Toto (we reused the existing toilet)
Sink: Kohler
Faucet: Cifial
Vanity: live edge walnut
Sconces: Sonneman Teardrop
Shower Threshold: Caesarstone Raven
Wood floor in shower: Ipe decking

_F8P9599_HDR

_F8P9611_HDR

Untitled

Untitled

o

Sochi I love your bathroom! How do you describe this style? Zen organic? Rustic modern? People have been asking me what 'style' I like and I don't know how to describe it. Ill just have to show them your bathroom ;)

o

So many beautiful bathrooms. Just want to subscribe for the eye candy.

o

I love seeing all of these beautiful bathrooms collected in one place. Here's my all white transitional master bath (it's Calacatta and Caesarstone, Duravit tub, Toto and Hansgrohe fixtures):
 photo 431005_277630745683594_1145509658_n.jpg
 photo Collage.jpg
 photo DSC_4899.jpg

o
RE: Finished Bathroom Reveal Thread 2

and the kid's bath, AKDO marble basketweave:
Second bath photo DSC_4862.jpg
 photo DSC_4858.jpg

o

My son's bathroom. Finished in 2011. Kohler tub and drain kit. Andre Collection shower head, spout, and trim. Azul Prieto marble with crema marfil baseboards from Oracle in Anaheim.

o

Great, I think these pics are appearing sideways again.

o

Azul Prieto marble

o

Thanks for this thread! I've been to the gallery and there are a LOT of missing pictures and broken links so it's nice to be able to see these in one thread.

o

Master bath

From MasterBath

From MasterBath

Tile close-up in shower

From MasterBath

Floor tile in Sintesi Glamour Brown and wall tile is Palais Beige from TileShop. Wall color is BM Grasshopper. Light fixtures are George Kovacs Tube Brushed Nickel LED Wall Sconces, and mirrors are Loft 24-Inch Dark Walnut, all from Bellacor. Glass tile for the waterfall is Gigis Groovy Stiix in "Love Shack", showers are Hansgrohe. Counter top is quartz, sinks were provided by the fabricator and the faucets are Grohe. We had the linen tower from our previous house remodel, it's from Ronbow.

Here is a link that might be useful: Details

o

Upstairs hall bathroom remodel. Shower was existing Sonoma Stellar tiles, everything else is new. Vanity is Ikea kitchen cabinets, top is quartz.

From Upstairs Bath

From Upstairs Bath

From Upstairs Bath

Here is a link that might be useful: Details

o

Converted a half bath into a small full bath with curbless shower and wall-mounted toilet.

Floor tile is Natif Ambra, tile behind the toilet is Tokyo Wenge, wall tile in the shower is Yakarta Wenge, all from Porcelanosa.

Ronbow vanity
Toto wall-mounted toilet
Moen toilet paper grab bar
Whitner Angled Grab Bar With Basket from Signature Hardware
Light fixture from Bellacor
Quartz counter
The mirror is one we had that fit the space.
Medicine cabinet was existing

From Downstairs Bath

From Downstairs Bath

From Downstairs Bath

Here is a link that might be useful: Small bath details

o

mayberry - sorry I didn't see your question earlier. Generally I'd describe my style as warm modern or maybe see organic modern I think, with a touch of minimalism perhaps. That bathroom is a little bit rustic modern, definitely with some Zen or Asian influence (although I didn't set out looking for an Asian inspired theme).

What is warm modern or organic modern? Who knows. :) I just know I like simple, clean lines, minimalist detail and lots of wood, especially birch, walnut and teak.

o

I just posted my DIY bathroom reveal, but here are a few photos for this useful thread.

We reused the old built-in-place-vanity, tub light fixtures, and medicine cabinet. We re-purposed an old door for the vanity top, and an old pail and cook-pot lid for the trash can.

Other details will follow the photos, and more photos are available on the reveal thread.

IMG_2872

IMG_2870

IMG_2873

Kraus sink and faucet ordered from Amazon
American Standard Clean Cadet from Lowes
American Olean 4-in x 4-in Earthenware Ice White ceramic wall tile
Oracle Stone and Tile 1x1 Bianca Carrara polished marble mosaic tile
Carrara pencil tile from Home Depot
Marble door threshold for vanity windowsill from Home Depot
Laticrete Spectralock Grout in Silver shadow
Redi Tile Niche inserts
Moen Kingsley Grab Bars
Moen Brantford Shower trim
Moen curved shower rod
Grohe Bao Showerhead
Grohe Relexa Rustic handshower and slide

Paint:
SW Silverplate on walls
SW Butter on vanity
SW Animated Coral vanity interior
SW Full Moon on ceiling
SW Butter with added white on music cabinet

Other:
Old music cabinet, re-painted
Old mirror from a tag sale
White seersucker shower curtain from Country Curtains
Antique milk-glass knobs from local shop
Trashcan - old enamel pail with cook-pot lid cover

Here is a link that might be useful: Reveal thread

o

Ok, I'm a late comer, but I wanted to actually do my "Reveal" before I posted the reveal.

I have yet to make my roman shade for the window, other than that I'm DONE!

I have a huge list of details so I will link to my "Reveal.." thread I posted today. See below for the link.

entry to bathroom photo IMG_3924_zps24daa8f0.jpg

photo IMG_3911_zps7b1785f9.jpg

Toto Promenade toilet with Inax advanced toilet seat photo IMG_3871_zps3937c523.jpg

tower pull out photo IMG_3917_zps381ee201.jpg

Click on the image below to take you to "Story" in Photobucket:
Bathroom Reveal East 2013

Here is a link that might be useful: Bathroom Reveal

o

Enduring,

Yup, looks like our bathrooms are very similar in size. Mine is a little longer, 6 1/2 feet wide, 10'3" long. My door opens in the bottom right hand corner, next to where you have your vanity.

I would love to pick your brain when I am ready to start on this one, need to finish the Master first, but literally, the day it's done, we'll be gutting the Main, as DH will be re-routing all the major plumbing, so both BR's will be out of commission until that's finished. (We have already renoed Basement BR, so guess we'll be hiking and maybe sleeping downstairs for a day or two).

I do have an immediate question, though, what are you using to render those floorplans? Did you buy some kind of software?

o

Raehelen, I happen to have a copy of Adobe Illustrator which is not the best program to use because there is no scaling feature like a cad program. Its been years since I used a Cad program. In Illustrator I have been setting it up in real life measurements and there is a limit to how big the program will allow the "Art Board" to be. Illustrator is a drawing program that is somewhat versatile for these "construction" drawings that I'm doing though Sketchup by Google would be a better tool, I believe. I know Angie_DIY had used it for her kitchen several years ago and had wonderful drawings. It is free to download. I tried it once and it was somewhat cumbersome as there was a learning curve that I didn't take the time to ride. So I went with my Illustrator. The Woodsmith Store, that is local fancy wood working and lumber store, teaches how to use Sketchup in a class they provide. I think I will try downloading it onto my Mac and give it another shot as I approach my next BR project. BTY I have it all drawn up in Illustrator already :) But it might be fun to learn Sketchup.

o

Sochi - LOVE your bathroom. What is the wall color? It's a serene green.

o

Sochi!

Love Love Love your shower!!! I love simple clean lines and was trying to look for ideas and came across your shower picture. I'm just starting a bathroom reno, my space is approx 5' x 12'.

How large is your shower? Also, can I assume the wooden floor in the shower is removable?

Thanks!!

o

Sochi - I love your bathroom as well. Where did you find the walnut countertop, and how is it finished? Is it holding up so far? Thank you!

o

Pipdog: Love your master bath! The floor is gleaming in the sunshine! Did you have your installer cut the hexagons out of 12 x 12 marble? If not where did you find the large size hexagons?

Also love your mirrors and sconces- great job!

o

Hi Laura, thanks -- the large marble hex came that size/shape. We ordered all the marble from AKDO.

o

Son's bathroom:
Counter--white princess quartzite
Cab--Precision Cabinets
Toilet--Toto dual flush
Floor tile--remnant pieces

o

Firsthouse_mp, very nice job. What model of Toto is that? I like the simplicity of the room and for a son it seems perfect; easy to clean. Great counter space.

o

I just love the all showers, all are extremely good, Well designed. PipDog, The floor is gleaming in the sunshine here mm gonna upload some pictures of my bathrooms , Designed by my mother. I just love it. It looks simple but amazing.

o

I just love the all showers, all are extremely good, Well designed. PipDog, The floor is gleaming in the sunshine here mm gonna upload some pictures of my bathrooms , Designed by my mother. I just love it. It looks simple but amazing.

o

These are great, add more!!!

o

Pipdog - what color grout did you use with the basketweave in your son's bathroom? We ordered the same tile from AKDO and we initially went with a white grout, but I think you have a gray, which is what I'm thinking of switching to.

o

Here is our finished master bath. Done about 2 1/2 years ago. NOTE about colors...some photos cast a beige look to the tile but it is not like that in person. Tub, toilet, sink, shower base are white. Tile is Ontario gray floor, virginia gray walls and back splash, antique cobalt glass tile. Walls are laura ashley sapphire #3, ceiling #1. Granite is steel gray/silver pearl. Cabinet is Aristokraft maple in rouge. We installed electric underfloor heating. The shower may look small but it is more deep than wide and plenty big enough. Shower base is Swanstone. It is new 2nd floor construction (master bedroom and bath over an existing 1st floor).

photo house6-10Photos010.jpg

photo house6-10Photos012.jpg

photo bathroom004.jpg

I never did finish decorating. Maybe this winter.

o

This is my upstairs hall bath in my 1930 home. It was a complete gut job down to the framing. My 11 year old son and I did the entire demo ourselves (I'm a 48 yr old mom). As a KD, I was able to purchase most everything at my cost....but the overall cost for this re-do was still $6K as I went with high quality materials. I hired out all the other labor: plumbing, carpentry and tile.

Here's my materials list:
Vanity: Showplace Wood Products, Beaded Inset Vintage Cherry Distressed and glazed, Concord door, matte finish

Top: Silestone Quartz "Lagoon"

Faucet: GROHE "Feel"; Starlight Chrome 1-Handle Single Hole Bathroom Sink Faucet
Item #: 339520 : Model #: 23171000 (at Lowes)

Floor: Florida Hex Tile; Black and White w/ Charcoal grout (next lightest to black)

Tub/Surround: Sterling by Kohler

Sconce Lights: Purchased thru Lampsplus; Minka Lavery Hyllcastle Chrome 18" Wide Bath Bar Style # P5672

Beadboard: Purchased from Nantucket Beadboard

Train Rack: Purchased for $40 at Tuesday Morning

Mirror: Old beveled mirror that came with my house and was hung in my son's bedroom.

Towels: JCPenney

o

What a sweet bathroom. Your son must be sooooo proud of mama. I think it is so empowering for kids to experience how things are done, instead of done for them :

o

Here is our small downstairs bathroom. Toilet is Toto Soirée. Vanity is the original repainted with Toto sinks and granite. It's awkward to photograph due to the shape. Sorry!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here