Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bet129psu_gw

Bathroom Remodel- White Subway and Carrara Marble

bet129psu
11 years ago

I posted this in the gallery and someone mentioned that I should post it here in the discussion board so here it is. I used this site for a lot of inspiration. My house was built in 1912 so space in the master is limited. I also wanted to maintain a somewhat traditional feel. I am very happy with how it turned out!

We went with white carrara marble floors and vanity top. White crossville savoy subway tile for the shower. I had a custom towel storage/nook built when we realized there was empty space behind the shower.
Plumbing fixtures are Grohe Geneva line.
Sinks are Kohler 2330 undermount
LIght fixtures are Restoration Hardware
Towel bar, robe hook, and toilet paper holder- Pottery Barn Sussex

Thanks for looking. Let me know if you have any questions:)

Comments (28)

• bet129psu
    Original Author
    11 years ago

another view

• bet129psu
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Before

• angel411
    11 years ago

Gorgeous! I love everything about it! Enjoy your beautiful bathroom. :)

• likewhatyoudo
    11 years ago

Beautiful Job!

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Bright and airy! Great job!

• catbuilder
    11 years ago

What tile did you use for the shower floor? Do you have a close-up of that?

• Debbi Branka
    11 years ago

Very pretty! Love your choices.

• raehelen
    11 years ago

Very very pretty!

couple questions..

What are the dimensions of your room? Specifically the width, I am planning to have my toilet across from my vanity, and am hoping I have enough room, looks like you have lots of space.

Curious as to why you have pot lights over your vanity lights?

Thanks, and lucky you! Love the towel storage!

• bet129psu
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The shower floor is AKDO 3/4 x 3/4 Carrara Marble. The shower bench, threshold, and half wall caps are white corian.

The room is about 7 feet wide. We left the pot lights that were already in place and just had one added when we took down the wall that separated the bathroom and the unused walkway area. I wanted sconces one either side of the mirrors and in the middle of the mirrors, but there wasn't room because of how the mirror is almost flush against the shower glass wall. Hence, I had to change to the fixtures over the top of the mirrors. The pot lights are on a dimmer so we often use them at half or less strength at night and times when we don't want to be blinded.

Also, I used grey grout on the floors and white grout on the white subway tile wall tiles. There is also a little shampoo cutout that has the small square marble tiles.

• bet129psu
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is a photo of the shower floor and shower bench.

• treasuretheday
    11 years ago

What a beautiful bathroom! It's got a wonderful vintage feel to it but at the same time it's fresh and current. I love that you were able to create such an awesome place to store towels, etc. Well done... enjoy!

• westleyandbuttercup
    11 years ago

Beautiful job!

• anne7
    11 years ago

Stunning! May I ask dimensions of double vanity? Also, don't see a tub...;)

• threeapples
    11 years ago

that's really pretty. mind if i ask the brand of cabinet hardware you used?

• Terri
    11 years ago

How pretty! Love the colors, and who doesn't love the carrara marble :)
    Great job!

• bet129psu
    Original Author
    11 years ago

threeapples- the cabinet hardware is Martha Stewart from Home Depot:)

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

OMG beautiful!! Can you please tell me the specific tiles manufacturer and style # you used for the bathroom floor. Love the tile size.

Also the size of your shower stall? Mine is pretty small and i'm wondering if I can get a bench in there too. What material did you use for the bench top?

What's your source for the mirrors? Do you still have a medicine cabinet?
    What color is your paint and trim color.
    I also have shutters on my bathroom and will need to refinish them when my trim goes whiter. Are yours painted the same color as your trim?

Love your style. Please share more in the kitchen and bath forms if you did more remodeling. The forums are where we go for inspiration!
    Thanks!

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

It's just beautiful. I love the chrome!

• bet129psu
    Original Author
    11 years ago

anne7- the double vanity is 64' wide. That was the biggest we could fit in the space we had. It gave us a bit more counter space in between sinks than a standard 60' would have. I wish it had been made with wider drawers though. I modeled it after one I found on pottery barn that had similar inset doors and hardware. You are right, there is no tub:( There just wasn't space.

island- the floor tiles are Jeffrey Court iceberg marble polished (90019 They are from the Cap.9- Pietra Opus II series and are 4 x 8.

The shower stall is just over 5'. I had the mirrors made at a local frame shop. I had shopped around for white mirrors that I liked and just couldn't find something simple and yet substantial so I had them made. It is just a 20" x 24" beveled mirror with a 2" frame all the way around.

We don't have medicine cabinets. I decided to forgo the cabinets because I had extra storage with the double vanity (we used to have only a single) and because I was afraid we would drop things on the marble. We have had more than enough space so far.

Paint is Benjamin Moore- Marilyn's Dress. Trim is just a white bathroom paint that we had laying around.
    Shower bench, threshold, and the tops of the half walls are all white corian.
    We had the window shutter installed. It is the faux wood with the standard white finish. I had read that real wood may be more prone to warping in a bathroom.

Thanks for the kind words. I am going to post some pictures of my kitchen on the kitchen board. We updated it about 2 years ago.

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

Thanks Bet!
    Appreciate all the details. Sorry I didn't notice you already mentioned the Corian shower seat until after I sent it. Can you get Corian in small pieces like that or do you have to purchase a big piece and that was a remnant?

I'll look for your kitchen..

• motherof3inct
    11 years ago

Beautiful bathroom! What did you use for the treshold/curb to the shower? Is that marble? I have my tiles picked out for my shower and bathroom floor, but don't know what to do about the threshold....not even sure if that's what is is called.

Thanks!

• weedyacres
    11 years ago

Nice job!

Given that you had subway tile in the shower both before and after, did you just replace the blue strip or rip it all out and redo?

• bet129psu
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The shower threshold is white corian. It matches the bench and half wall caps. The doorway thresholds are marble.

We replaced all the tile. The original subway tile was more of a linen color whereas we replaced with white.

• enduring
    11 years ago

Beautiful. So quiet and peaceful. I am heading out the door but will look more closely at the posts later today. Thanks for sharing your lovely bathroom.

• LE
    11 years ago

Beautiful result that looks to perfectly fit an older house. Wondering how you like your rainshower? Do you use it for everything other than cleaning? I have read that some people find it inadequate for rinsing shampoo, etc.

• bet129psu
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I like the rainshower, but I find myself using both the handheld and rainshower most of the time.

• lizanne_2007
    11 years ago

Beautiful!