Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do I need grout sealer on really SMALL grout lines?

Posted by PAINTEDPEGGIES (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 12, 13 at 9:24

Do I need grout sealer on really SMALL grout lines?
We just installed wood-look tile in our kids' bathroom...the grout lines are really tight, which is the look we wanted. Is it possible/necessary to seal?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do I need grout sealer on really SMALL grout lines?

Is there grout there? WIll there be overspray from some boy children? Or guests? Or DH? Um hmmm. Sealer. And don't forget to keep it sealed. It's not a once and done project. Every time you clean, you will strip a bit of sealer. The harsher the products used to clean, the more sealer they strip. If water doesn't bead up in those grout joints, it's time to be resealed.

o

Next question is, when? We just grouted last night, so is there a wait time before sealing?
thanks!

o

I would recommend a grout sealer. Home Depot sells one that's a 20 year sealer. We applied to our shower grout lines about 4 yrs ago. It is a VERY good product (no mildewing). I can't remember the brand name, but it's very long lasting. I think it states on the bottle what types of cleaner you should use to prolong the product.

o

We didn't seal the grout in our travertine floor and there is a little staining, I would do it if I were you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here