Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shower Mirror

Posted by dcwesley (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 9, 13 at 8:42

DH likes to shave in the shower. Over the years we have hung shower mirrors from the shower head. We have to replace it every two to three years, and frankly, it never looks very good. Do others have a mirror in your shower?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shower Mirror

We have one that has suction cups on the back that attach to the wall. It has a nice size mirror on top then a small basket (big enough for a can of shaving cream), a razor hook and wash cloth hook underneath it. The finish is a venetian bronze-y color that coordinates with our plumbing fixtures in the shower so it looks like it "goes" with the rest of the shower. The mirror always seems to get water spots even though water never directly hits it. Is that what you mean by your mirror never looking good? Or is it more a design thing?

o

Thank you for the response. "Never looking good" - in part it has usually been a cheap white plastic frame, and after a few months the mirror starts to "go". Suction cups sound like a possibility and something besides white plastic would be nice. Do you know where you got yours?

o

I got ours at Target. I don't know if they still have the bronze-y colored ones, but I have seen the shiny chrome and the satin nickel. I did a quick search on Target.com and here's what I found that's similar:

http://www.target.com/p/interdesign-fog-free-mirror-bronze/-/A-11324484#prodSlot=medium_2_7&term=interdesign

http://www.target.com/p/interdesign-forma-fog-free-suction-mirror-silver/-/A-14026489#prodSlot=medium_1_4&term=interdesign

Generally, they have more in the store too. As spring is starting, I would expect to see their selection grow at least temporarily as weveryone gets the spring cleaning/spruce-up bug.

Hope this helps!

o

I have been shaving in my shower for 20+ years and have never used a mirror to do so. I'd suggest he try without one to start with :) If I miss a spot I just tidy myself up over the sink.

o

What about installing a wall-mount mirror like this one? (I have no idea whether this would hold up in the shower, but it is made by a plumbing/faucet company, so perhaps.)

o

Clear Mirror make a kit that you put into the wall flush with the tile.

They are $$$, about $300-$400 and require a lot of planning and precise tile work or it will be a disaster.

I would not put one in a steam shower either.

Here is a link that might be useful: ne plus ultra shower mirror

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here