Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chairs?

Posted by dcwesley (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 9, 13 at 8:37

I would like to put a small chair in our bathroom to use for putting lotion on feet, etc. I would love to see photos of what others have used. (In my dreams I might even have room vor a VERY small table.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chairs?

No chairs here, but the tub deck works really well for that purpose :-)

o

My bath is so small that I put this little table in there for a stand to hold coffee when in the tub or a quick seat if needed. I don't know if it will work very well for a seat or not, I don't want to break the top off. Last summer we took out our old elm tree :( so I saved some of the large branches to use for a stool in the BR. I don't know if I have room for both the log and the small end table. The log is still in the shed drying.
Here is a picture of the end table:
 photo IMG_3799_zps86a0ed4b.jpg

o

The only "chair" we have is the toilet! No room for anything fun in our room. Do you have a pic of the area in question? That usually sparks the ideas here.

o

At the moment I have studs, floor decking with floor leveler poured, and a shower floor poured. We had to rip everything out due to water damage.

For the last 20 years the tub dek HAS been my seat, but it is a suken tub, so that makes it pretty low.

o

Will you have a seat in your shower? That works well as a chair for me and it has the added benefit of being easy to clean up if I spill any lotion.

o

We are still on the fence about a seat in the shower. I would like one, but I worry the shower may be too small - 3' x 5'. We will have a shower head at each end.

o

Get a teak one that could be in the shower and out side the shower when needed.

o

I have a vintage cane bottom chair painted black in DH's BR for him to place his clothes when showering/changing.

It kind of happened by accident - we brought in in the house from the back porch for extra seating at the DR table when we had company one time and I put it in the BR temporarily. He will not let me remove it now. It was red at the time; I painted it black last summer. I plan to sew a pretty thin cushion for it to add a little fabric design element :),

o

Oh - I like the idea of a can chair - and I love fabirc, so the cushion would be fun. Great idea!

o

I have a stool from RH. The top is removable and can be tossed in the wash.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here