Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Small Shower Install questions

Posted by springvillegardens (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 21, 14 at 6:03

I have taken out my fiberglass tile enclosure and am planning on putting in a tile shower, I plan to get the pan that can be tiled over. the tile I'd like to use is Daltile Continental Slate - Tuscan Blue. I'd like to use the 12 x 18 field tile on the walls in a brick pattern horizontally and the 3 x 3 mosaic tiles on the floor. The shower is 3 ft x 4 ft.

My question is Daltile carries a 3 x 12 bullnose tile - can I use that for the step up into the shower or should I use the mosaic tile over the step? I've seen both used. what do you think? For the edge would I need to use one of those Schluter edges? And what about the edge of the shower front? should I use the bullnose there?

Thanks for your advice.

Here is a link that might be useful: Daltile Continental Slate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Small Shower Install questions

Have you considered a solid piece of material for your curb top? I used the same granite as my vanity top. no edge material would be needed. will you be installing a shower door?

and regarding the other tile edges, I used bullnose in one bath and schluter edging in the other and I like the schluter much better. i think it depends on your style.

This post was edited by jules8 on Fri, Mar 21, 14 at 8:51

o
RE: Small Shower Install questions

Hi jules8, thanks, I want a cohesive look so plan to use the 12 x 18 pieces of tile on step in. I do like a modern look so will go with the schluter.

just got back from tile store and saw another tile that no 200 pieces are the same by American Olean tile

Here is a link that might be useful: Kendal Slate eastdale natural

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here