Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Searching for semi-frameless shower/tub door

Posted by rsingley (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 5:33

The exterior wall of the house I purchased last year is 1" out of plumb from the top of the tub to the top of the shower door. Ironically this was the same condition in the house I sold last summer. I have been searching for a shower/tub door manufacturer that sells a "filler" piece that goes between the wall and the frame. I purchased this for my previous home but the dealer is no longer around and I don't know what brand I had purchased. All the doors I've looked at can adjust up to 3/8" or so.

Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Searching for semi-frameless shower/tub door

Why don't you shim behind the wall to make it square, then find the right size door that will fit. Don't make the door fit the wall, make the wall fit the door. I don't think a filler piece would look that attractive. In a pinch, if this is the way you want to go, you could make it yourself- simle DIY project. I'm sure HomeDepot has all the materials you would ever need.

o

I purchased the house last summer and the bathroom was already recently refinished but has a shower curtain instead of doors. To plumb the wall would mean demo, carpentry, sheetrocking, spackling, tiling, and painting.

Besides, I purchased a set of doors about 10 years that came with a custom cut "filler" piece and they looked great.

o

You might try checking with a local glass/mirror/shower door company. When their people have to install on a non-plumb wall they have the hardware to do that. It is so rare that walls in a house are perfectly straight, you are not the first person to want to do this.

-Babka

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here