Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
slide bar shower heads

Posted by ltstern (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 9, 14 at 4:34

We're redoing our shower and my husband has found lots of negative reviews on slide bar shower heads. When i searched this forum all reviews seemed pretty positive. What has been your experience with them? We have one in a guest bathroom that doesn't get much use. We've been using it recently while our shower is being rebuilt and I like it a lot. Thanks for any feedback.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: slide bar shower heads

We have them in both our bathrooms. The one in our master has a knob to tighten it to hold in place. It works better then the other bathroom that has a different mechanism. DH ended up putting a screw into the bracket of the bar so no the other bath slide bar no longer slides. It kept sliding down when the hand held was lifted up. It did last for many years before it got bad.

o

Itstern:

Every time someone makes something nice and expensive, someone else clones it cheaply. I'd be willing to bet the bad reviews are of cheap clones.

o

I totally agree with Trebruchet. I have a Grohe slide bar and cannot find any downside to having it. You can pick any height, and any angle on ours.

-Babka

o

Love our Delta Addison slide bar. It comes in handy for a second shower head when DH and I need to shower together, the handheld can slide down for a nice back massage with the multi-function head while DH sits on the shower bench, and DS loves it because its just his size when the handheld is placed about 1/2 way up.

I would definitely play with the different ones you are interested in before purchasing to make sure it has a quality mechanism.

Hope this helps!

o

I have a Kohler Memoires sliding shower head and I just love it. My husband is quite a bit taller than me and also I don't always want to wash my hair every time I am in the shower so it's great to be able to lower it. We have had it for at least 3 years and it is still hanging in there. It has a pinch together type of thing that slides easily and it stays well. Not a problem with it not being tight.

In fact, it is one of my most favorite things in the new bathroom. I decided to spring for the better quality on the shower faucet and went with the cheaper faucets on the vanities. Though they weren't cheap they weren't top of the line. I would have to advise you to go for it!!! I love it
 photo 20140313_191335_zps14e955e7.jpg

photo 20140313_191430_zps8be50ff1.jpg.

o

Thanks all. It's going in tomorrow and I'm sure it will be fine. I can't wait until the bathroom / bedroom isn't a construction site anymore.

o

Be sure to post pictures of your new sliding faucet.

o

My husband had his first shower in the new bathroom tonight. He had to tighten a screw that keeps the head at the angle we want and said that it seems OK. Not good with pictures but I'll try alter. Thanks for everyone's help.

o

What kind is slider/head did you get? My Grohe just clicks to vary the positions. No screws anywhere, so each user can adjust it at will with just a small push or pull.

-Babka

o

Update: Moen is sending a new piece that holds the actual shower head in place (where the hose slips in). Not terrible but annoying as it is now. I want it to work and make us happy. It should be fine (I hope)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here