Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ltstern

slide bar shower heads

ltstern
10 years ago

We're redoing our shower and my husband has found lots of negative reviews on slide bar shower heads. When i searched this forum all reviews seemed pretty positive. What has been your experience with them? We have one in a guest bathroom that doesn't get much use. We've been using it recently while our shower is being rebuilt and I like it a lot. Thanks for any feedback.

Comments (10)

• debrak2008
    10 years ago

We have them in both our bathrooms. The one in our master has a knob to tighten it to hold in place. It works better then the other bathroom that has a different mechanism. DH ended up putting a screw into the bracket of the bar so no the other bath slide bar no longer slides. It kept sliding down when the hand held was lifted up. It did last for many years before it got bad.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    10 years ago

Itstern:

Every time someone makes something nice and expensive, someone else clones it cheaply. I'd be willing to bet the bad reviews are of cheap clones.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    10 years ago

I totally agree with Trebruchet. I have a Grohe slide bar and cannot find any downside to having it. You can pick any height, and any angle on ours.

-Babka

• mydreamhome
    10 years ago

Love our Delta Addison slide bar. It comes in handy for a second shower head when DH and I need to shower together, the handheld can slide down for a nice back massage with the multi-function head while DH sits on the shower bench, and DS loves it because its just his size when the handheld is placed about 1/2 way up.

I would definitely play with the different ones you are interested in before purchasing to make sure it has a quality mechanism.

Hope this helps!

• gr8daygw
    10 years ago

I have a Kohler Memoires sliding shower head and I just love it. My husband is quite a bit taller than me and also I don't always want to wash my hair every time I am in the shower so it's great to be able to lower it. We have had it for at least 3 years and it is still hanging in there. It has a pinch together type of thing that slides easily and it stays well. Not a problem with it not being tight.

In fact, it is one of my most favorite things in the new bathroom. I decided to spring for the better quality on the shower faucet and went with the cheaper faucets on the vanities. Though they weren't cheap they weren't top of the line. I would have to advise you to go for it!!! I love it

{{gwi:1402805}}.

• ltstern
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks all. It's going in tomorrow and I'm sure it will be fine. I can't wait until the bathroom / bedroom isn't a construction site anymore.

• gr8daygw
    10 years ago

Be sure to post pictures of your new sliding faucet.

• ltstern
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My husband had his first shower in the new bathroom tonight. He had to tighten a screw that keeps the head at the angle we want and said that it seems OK. Not good with pictures but I'll try alter. Thanks for everyone's help.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    10 years ago

What kind is slider/head did you get? My Grohe just clicks to vary the positions. No screws anywhere, so each user can adjust it at will with just a small push or pull.

-Babka

• ltstern
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Update: Moen is sending a new piece that holds the actual shower head in place (where the hose slips in). Not terrible but annoying as it is now. I want it to work and make us happy. It should be fine (I hope)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County