Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hansgrohe handheld showerhead, metal hose or techniflex one?

Posted by janesylvia (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 4:00

I'd like to buy a hansgrohe raindance shower/tub kit. For the handheld shower head hose of 63" long, which one is better, the techniflex one or metal one?

For the guest room, would pressure balance valve good enough? I saw some people complain the shower water has 1-2 second of temperature change when some people use water somewhere else.

Any input or sharing of experience is greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hansgrohe handheld showerhead, metal hose or techniflex one?

Yes, that happens when someone else is using any water in the house. I bought the metal hose.

o

Don't get me started on the HG pressure control valve. Yes, the temp is a problem when water is used elsewhere. Thermostatic control valve may be a better option. Symmons therm valves are workhorses and seem to be very reliable. Can still use HG shower head with it.

Metal hose is heavy and gets hot/warm. I have one metal hose and I'm always worried it will bang against the tile and crack it. But it's in my master and I'm the only one who uses it so I'm very careful. Can't speak to the cleaning lady though. The plastic one can be a bit tight (i have 2 of those too) but it loosens up over time. Looks fine to me. For a bath that many different people will be using, I'd go that route.

o

I chose techniflex hoses because I thought they would be easier to clean, being smooth. I bought one in oil rubbed bronze and one in brushed nickel, and even though they are plastic, they look nice and don't feel cheap. I've had them in two bathrooms for 4 years now with no problems. I am about to redo a third bathroom and will use it again. I haven't had any problems with my Hansgrohe thermostatic valves either and like them very much.

o

We have the techniflex hose in our master and I've been pleased. Plan to do the same in our hall bath. I would recommend the HG thermostatic value also.

o

I have what I think is the techniflex - the smooth one - and it's terrific and by far the best I've used. It's much easier to wipe clean than the usual serrated hoses, and it swivels 360 degrees at the ends allowing the handshower to easily point in the right direction.

o

Thank you so much for all your help. I'll go for the techniflex hose.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here