Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hall bath help or suggestions?

Posted by fivekeils (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 3, 12 at 3:46

So many beautiful bathrooms posted on these pages. Now I am trying to decide what to do in our hall bath. It will be used by my teenage girl, mostly, and her older brothers when they are home from college. DH is doing the work. So far we have installed espresso cabinets, sinks, caesarstone nougat countertops, and brushed nickel faucets at the vanity. Now I am trying to pick tile. The tile stores are steering me toward the more gray tones, because of the countertop, but I am wondering if everything needs to be in those tones. My daughter likes bling and I am trying to accommodate her within reason. Hopefully, I can attach the link with pictures of some samples I have gathered so far. But then I see other great results here, and think I should try and duplicate them!

Any comments/suggestions on these photos would be appreciated.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hall bath

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hall bath help or suggestions?

I took a look at your pictures and my monitor must be way off because the samples look different from picture to picture! Is the bath tile white, or more creamy? Is it textured? In one pic it looks solid white... The cesarstone is lovely, btw. I think the mosaic will give your daughter the bling she wants--they are both beautiful.
You might get more responses if you cross post in the home decorating forum. Also, do you know about houzz? You can see pics of thousands of bathrooms that might help you narrow down your selections...I wish I could be more helpful!

o

I second elle's suggestions.

Like your daughter, I love a little bling and I think a good way to bring it into a bathroom is via cabinet hardware and light fixtures, both relatively inexpensive and easily changed if you tire of it. Why not let your daughter choose a fun light fixture?

o

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I clearly need to improve my photography skills. The bath tile is white with grayish taupey (is that even a word) striping. It is a polished finish.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here