Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jimnyo_gw

best websites to buy faucets, showers, sinks & med cabinets from

jimnyo
13 years ago

sorry if this is a repost, but i did a quick search and didn't find anything. what are the best websites to buy from? i've heard a lot about faucetdirect.com and faucets.com and to stay away from efaucets.com, but does anyone else have any recommendations?

when i google search shopping results, i'm seeing a lot of these sites and wonder if anyone's used them: homeclick.com, luxuryhomeoutlet, home perfect.com. thanks for the input!

Comments (14)

• miniscule
    13 years ago

After looking at various websites, I used CSN to order bathroom faucets. Pricing was competitive and the delivery was quick with no issues, direct to my home in Canada. I have also ordered other items from CSN (for example, island lights during my kitchen reno) and my experiences have been positive.

• jimnyo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thanks so much! i hadn't heard of quality bath and csn was one of the ones i was wondering about b/c the pricing was great. luxuryhomeoutlet is another one i'm wondering about b/c the prices are low, but there aren't as many reviews of them so i'm wary...

• Renée Soronen
    13 years ago

Thanks northsong and newyorking, those are ones I was wondering about also. I feel a little better seeing other people used them!

• detroit_burb
    13 years ago

I am in middle of an entire house down to the studs reno. I spent a lot of time on http://www.google.com/prdhp?hl=en&tab=wf doing research on prices. I went with the best prices, sometimes could not find any feedback and sat anxious until things arrived. In the end, I furnished a 2.5 bath, 2 sink kitchen for less than half of the local plumbing supply 'discounted' prices and ended up with higher end items. Here are the best places I've found:

dealyard.com - if you can find what you want, the prices are just plain unbelievable on high end products, in a few cases, I paid 10% of list for discontinued styles of high end European items. we ordered seven faucets, one shower set, one shower/bath set, one roman bath set from here all arrived in perfect condition. was in three separate boxes, fed ex, the company only had signature required on one of the three boxes, so two boxes were left outside our home one day, and the third box needed signature - all three should have needed signature - weird glitch. Would suggest calling the company after placing order to make sure they require signature - I didn't do this.

faucetdirect.com - ordered jacuzzi air tub and kohler cast iron bath tub. prices were the best for these items. they were shipped separately. it was snowing the day the kohler arrived and the ups driver said that dropping the tub to the curb was not included in the delivery, so the contractor plus plumber actually lifted it themselves. customer service said it was not their fault, UPS said it was not their fault, either way, I did pay for curbside delivery and did not get it, I would suggest when ordering large items like this to talk to the company ahead of time, which I did not do.

homeproductstogo.com - ordered three toto toilets. no problems. really nice local delivery company was used who insisted on helping us take the items into our home - I did not pay for white glove service, and got it anyway

overstock.com - kitchen sinks. no problems.

Hope this helps.

• jimnyo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thank you so much, detroit burb, that was INCREDIBLY helpful!

• skeetie219
    13 years ago

I'm looking for faucets/fixtures as well so thanks for information. BTW, check out ebates.com or mr.rebate.com so you can get additional cash back if you purhcase from one of their vendors. Dealyard.com offers a 5% cash rebate if you use mr.rebate.com. HTH

• sayde
    13 years ago

Another recommendation for Quality Bath. I bought my kitchen faucet, apron sink, grid, flange from them. They were really good to deal with and I think the prices are very good.

• francoise47
    13 years ago

Just to add some different perspective: before buying online, at least consider pricing what you need at your local bath and kitchen or plumbing supply store.

I just assumed that I would buy everything I need for my two bathroom renos on line since I buy everything on line these days. I had priced out everything I need for my bath and kitchen renovations on line using many of the bargain websites that have been mentioned in this thread. I priced Grohe and Kohler fixtures, Toto toilets, and various companies that make vanities.

In the end, with the "plumbers discount" my plumbing contractor is passing on to me at my local kitchen/bath/plumbing store, the price is nearly the same as online. Without my plumber passing his discount on to me, the prices in the real store would have been "list price" which does run about 20 to 25% more than prices you find online at discount plumbing and faucet websites. I'm glad I did my homework, looking at all the prices on line. But in the end I found the hour long conversation with a real human being who had lots of valuable advise about my choices, very helpful. The fact that the saleswoman has also worked extensively with my plumber and could give me advice about why he likes this or that product better was very helpful.

That said, if you have a small do-it-yourself project and can't get the plumber's discount, it is cheaper buying online.

• nancy_z_red
    13 years ago

I bought toilets, tubs, and grohe fixtures for 2 bathrooms from faucetdirect.com.. Prices were competitive and they gave me a 5% first time buyers discount.
    Service was good and there was an issue with the toilet bowls (Toto had changed their numbering schemes) . .the issue was resolved immediately.

From overstock.com - purchased a faucet and vanity -service was great, as was quality.

• MikeK1963
    13 years ago

Recently purchased shower door from www.newbathroomvanity.com - good service, fast delivery. They almost restored my faith in the internet shopping...

Here is a link that might be useful: Shower door

• detroit_burb
    12 years ago

I'm resurrecting this to say that I just bought five vanity sinks that look beautiful and seem to be of high quality from MR Direct in Toledo suburbs. I bought one stainless, two oval white, and two squarish white. I picked them up myself from their location and saved the shipping and handling. It is still a decent deal with shipping, but only if you are buying multiples.

the site:
    mrdirectint.com

• bishop8
    12 years ago

I tried for the 'best of all worlds scenario', as follows:

- ordered everything from faucetdirect.com (several people I knew used them and all online reviews were thumbs-up)

- ran all my items through pricegrabber.com

- if/when I found a cheaper price at a competing site (whether or not I'd heard of them), I emailed it to the CSR at faucetdirect and asked them to price-match. I think there was only one item which they said was 'too low to match', but everything else was no problem; I ordered that one item separately.

- dug around some of the coupon websites (I think it was retailmenot) and found an additional 5% off coupon.

All in all, the price-matching and coupon probably saved me ~$1500 on $12K worth of goods -- well worth the extra few minutes of elbow grease. :)

Good luck!

• gr8daygw
    12 years ago

I just ordered a kitchen faucet from HOMEPERFECT.COM It's a Grohe, Bridgeford pull down single hole faucet in chrome. I saw it locally for around $545-585. I ordered it for $345.87. Ok sounds good so far I am supposed to get it Tuesday which will be very fast but I am worried if it is the exact same faucet as in a fine plumbing store and also they have a FB page and people were complaining and saying all sorts of bad things such as do NOT order from them terrible etc. There were a couple of happy people but mostly not. I'm hoping my faucet is fine and the exact same as you buy in a storefront. I try to patronize my local people as much as I can and also to pay tax so our small town survives and the tax base is served which supports the town. But sometimes it's just too big of a difference even for guilt ridden citizen me!!!