Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
any reviews on carraratiles.com?

Posted by kimhoj (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 1, 12 at 2:02

I need to be purchasing a large quantity of 3x6 white carrara marble honed tiles and carraratiles.com seems to have the best prices by far.

Is there a catch? Are they a legitimate place to purchase good quality marble tiles? Has anyone had any bad experience with them?

Thanks a bunch!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: any reviews on carraratiles.com?

I ordered 4 12x12 mini brick mosiac tile for trim, great price with free shipping. The next day I got an email stating the shipping was wrong and I would need to pay $25.00 for shipping. I was very disappointed, as they had the only tumbled marble like that. So, I cancelled and ordered honed marble with free shipping some place else. Just be sure you get correct shipping price before you order. Or order some samples and see how that works out first.

o

I ordered 3 sheets of samples from them and they arrived well packed and are good samples. You will want to order samples first. I believe the samples were shipped free. There is an ever so slight irregularity to the placement of the tiles on the mesh on one of the sheets. I expect this would be true on all of the mosaics, these are not the high end mosaics. The stone looks good and the honed mini tiles are pretty. If I decide to use the mosaic in my bath remodel as a trim I will order from this company. I haven't checked their shipping price though, so that will make a difference. I will have to look into shipping, as that my change my selection and start the sampling process over again.

BTW, I have a high end mosaic small sample I just remembered about. It looks not that much different from the samples I received from the tile website in this post. The high end tile is Danby and very pretty. A bit more beautiful than this web site samples, but not for the price! The Danby tile is over $30sf I believe. The carrara tile web mosaics are around $10 - $12/sf

o

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience.

At CarraraTiles.com, we offer Free Shipping on all sample orders. A sample order consists of either 1 sq ft. marble tile or 1 sq ft. mosaic tile. Because the purchase quantity per product is limited to one (1) on all sample product orders, changing the quantity and ordering two or more pieces of the same product automatically terminates our sample order policy and results in termination of the free shipping option. Because we want to allow customers to order a sample of more than one type of product for comparison, we set our system so that a single customer can order up to 5 or 7 samples of different products at once and they will still get the free shipping option for their purchase.

These facts are already explained on our site's "Home Page", "Order Samples Page" and "Shipping & FAQ Page". To prevent any possible misunderstandings, we also have a separate "Order One Sample" button located on all product detail pages.

Please take into consideration that many other online competitors ship either 4"X4" or 6"X6" product samples for half the price. Yet we believe shipping the actual 1sq ft. marble tile or 1sq ft. mosaic tile gives our customers a better view of the final product they will be purchasing.

You can contact us directly with questions about our materials and the designs and colors available or visit us at http://www.carraratiles.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Italian Carrara Marble Tiles and Mosaics

o
do not buy from carraratiles.com!!! bait & switch

DO NOT BUY FROM HERE!!!
I think they performed a "bate & switch".
This tile is not from Italy as the website states.
It is white with some grey, but the veining is all wrong. I believe it is either from China or the middle east. DO NOT BUY!
I looked at the boxes the tile came in and it does not give a country on the sticker as it is suppose to.

I bought some "greecian white" pencil molding from home depot (which
list the product is from China) and it matches perfectly.

Do not be fooled. This stuff is already up in my bathroom. I'm so upset, I can't even sleep.

I'm not sure what I can do about this. If anyone else has purchased this tile, please contact me. NotCarrara@yahoo.com.

o

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience.

As it would be expected with every company serving to a wide range of customers, we too at CarraraTiles.com receive some complaints and try to solve as much and as quick as we can. But in this case we haven't received a complaint or return request from the customer "faheyshan". Since it's against our privacy policy to give out details of our customers to third parties, we will keep using the original poster's alias "faheyshan" for the rest of this post.

At 8th of February, we received an online order at CarraraTiles.com. Online order placed by "faheyshan".

Following the order, "faheyshan" decided to pick up the products from our store in person.

At 11th of February "faheyshan" saw the marble in person at CarraraTiles.com retail store before making the final purchase decision. Also we would like to state the fact, "faheyshan" didn't have any prior purchases from CarraraTiles.com up until that time.

How it is possible to write a review about CarraraTiles.com at 6th of February for the tiles "faheyshan" saw & purchased for the first time at 11th of February still remains a mystery to us.

Also in Gardenweb review "faheyshan" states "I looked at the boxes the tile came in and it does not give a country on the sticker as it is suppose to."

At CarraraTiles.com we receive marble & mosaic tiles from Italy in huge wooden crates. Some of our customers purchase larger quantities and some of them purchase a couple of tiles at once. Therefore, we have to pack them into smaller cardboard boxes, then we apply a CarraraTiles.com sticker to final package. That's the reason our cardboard boxes don't have a readily "made in Italy" label on them.

Also in Gardenweb review "faheyshan" states "I bought some "greecian white" pencil molding from home depot (which list the product is from China) and it matches perfectly."

Carrara Marble is a natural stone, not every mosaic & marble tile have the exact same coloring & veining. But in recent years there's a trend on lighter backgrounds & least veining, most of our customers prefer their Carrara mosaic & marble tiles with lighter background & less veining, so they specifically ask us to choose accordingly. Because of this preferance, it gets more and more difficult to differentiate one marble type from another, which leads to confusions. For instance "Greecian White" (as well as White Thassos) is a type of marble supposed to be originally sourced from Greece! But "faheyshan" says "I bought it from home depot which list the product is from China"..

With all due respect to other competitors, that's not the case with CarraraTiles.com. We sell Italian Carrara Marble and we source our marble from Italy.

You can contact us directly with questions about our materials and the designs and colors available or visit us at http://www.carraratiles.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Italian Carrara Marble Tiles and Mosaics

o

I personally do not have any experience with this company except an acquaintance of mine used carraratile.com. She purchased all her carrara tile (walls, floors and shower floors) at carraratiles.com. She was very happy with tiles and her bathroom remodel. I went to see her bathroom to check out the her contractor's work. I thought it looked nice, but I was looking more at how straight the grout lines were than the actual tile itself. Her bathroom was remodeled a year ago and hasn't had a problem.

o

I ordered honed carrara basketweave tiles from this company and was pretty disappointed. The samples were perfect, some of the best I've seen. However, in my actual order there were several cracked tiles (which were hard to see until grouted), uneven edges, and many of the black dots have a lot of white veining, so the overall effect is not as crisp as I was expecting. Maybe this is just the nature of marble, I don't know.

o

I dont know where to start but our story with this company goes back almost 4 months when we purchased from them almost 600 sqft of bathroom tiles. We basically purchased 2x4 tiles, 3x6 tiles basketweave mosaics for the floors and trims. First we order the samples from their website carraratiles.com then we went their showroom to check the product. They basically showed us all carrara tiles and mentioned these products are premium quality and best quality on the market vs. They were so nice to us and as a novice buyer we believed them.
THEY ARE LIARS! BEWARNED their product is not from Europe or what they call from ITALY! IT IS NOT. WE ARE SUING THIS COMPANY FOR TRYING TO DECEIVE US AND JUST SELLING A FAKE CARRARA MARBLE TO US. We did not install their tiles on our bathrooms...It is the worst quality on planet. It is crystallized and it is soft almost like powder.The corners of 3x6 tiles are all broken and chipped. Later, our contractor said to us this material is commercial 2nd quality from CHINA. Then we tried to return the material and they basically rejected us as we paid CASH to them. THEY DID NOT GIVE US OUR MONEY BACK. Now we are stuck with their commercial quality material.
As a consumer i decided to express my feelings all over the internet so think twice before you buy from this company. They are selling fake marble and their customer service is the worst i seen. They basically got our money and got away with it.

o

Registered just to post this: We ordered 27 square feet of the polished minibrick tiles to do our backsplash. I was nervous after reading some of these reviews even though the sample was beautiful and wrote the company; they offered to hand pick the sheets to make sure they matched the sample. All of the titles were beautiful and look just great. While you do pay shipping, the cost of the sheets was less than anything similar locally (couldn't even find minibricks locally). I wouldn't hesitate to order again.

o

Lyzzen, we are extremely happy to read your project turned out well. We truly appreciate your business and looking forward to work with you again.

ourremodelproject, 600 sq ft approximately costs $5000 to $8000 depending on items purchased. We do not believe for a second, someone would spend that much money on marble and wait 4 months to take any type of action. In addition please consider the review above was written 5 months ago, which total makes 9 months and we are still waiting for that law suit :) Also the term "commercial quality" is rarely used by retail customers in the true sense of the meaning, therefore it can be a better approach to structure false claims carefully before posting "fake" negative reviews to public forums, since it has the potential of resulting in "real" law suits.

axxis_rose, Nero Marquina has distinctive white veins by nature. Absolute black stones are usually granite or close variants. Since we use only genuine Nero Marquina, white lines should be expected.

You can contact us directly with questions about our materials and the designs and colors available or visit our store.

Here is a link that might be useful: Italian Bianco Carrara Marble Mosaic Tiles

This post was edited by Carrara_Tiles on Sat, Feb 1, 14 at 23:13

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here