Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best brands of thermostatic valves

Posted by GreenDreamhome (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 1:06

Which are the best-performing, most reliable thermostatic valves? One of our large plumbing supply companies says Grohe is the best of the lines they carry (including brands that are more expensive than Grohe) but I'm very unhappy with the Grohe trim choices. Does anyone recommend any other companies through personal experience?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best brands of thermostatic valves

I really like the California Faucets thermostatic valve i used recently - well built, separate controls for two outlets, both with higher than typical flow rate, and a large central temperature control lever or knob surrounded by embossed numbers for °F styled as if it were a fine watch. They also have a huge selection of styles, finishes, and either round or rectangular bezels.

I've also used one of the Hansgrohe thermostatic valves that used their universal box - also quite nice, though I think a chrome-plated plastic bezel is a bit cheap for something priced as an upscale item, and I'd like temperature markings (isn't that part of the point of having a thermostatic valve, knowing what temperture the water will be?) This one uses a single lever to control 2 outlets, but it still works well and incorporates water volume and a diverter into the same control, and yes it can send water to both outlets at the same time at any proportion. It's designed so the innards of the valve are all accessible from the front, and can easily be serviced or replaced without ripping out tiles or the back of the wall.

The Kohler and Grohe thermo valves I used a few years back have both been discontinued, so not much point discussing them here (there were both good).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here