Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
biscuit color vs white sink/toilet

Posted by luvpatch (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 26, 13 at 1:02

Hi! I am doing a complete bath remodel and my cabinets are going to be the Kraftmaid antique canvas with cocoa glaze. Color of walls will be "verdigris" by behr which is a spa blue/gray color. I'm doing brushed bronze fixtures. Do I want biscuit color sink and toilet or white? Thanks for any suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: biscuit color vs white sink/toilet

What color will your tile be? What are you using for a vanity top? Is there a tub in the room?

We had planned to do white in our current bathroom remodel but when we put all of our samples together and looked at them with the white and biscuit samples we decided that white was too stark of a contrast with our other colors and that biscuit was a better choice for us.

Here is your cabinet color:

. photo Miter_door.jpg

If possible, try to see all of your elements together. I'd want to see white and biscuit against your cabinet because that may make it more obvious which would be the best choice.

I don't have time to upload a photo of your paint color right now but the best way to judge is of course seeing them IRL together.

o

Here is Behr Verdigris:

photo behrverdigris_zps85defac5.jpg

It looks grayer on my office computer monitor than it did on laptop at home.

o

Hi! That's the color but it is a little grayer. I haven't picked out the granite yet. I have picked out shower tile called Calabria . It actually has some of the pieces of tile with some light tan or beige it.It is shown on a floor but there are smaller pieces to use for the shower and I will probably pick up some of the same tile for the floor. It picks up the gray blue color then has some browns beige and gray in it. I haven't figured out the floor yet .I have chosen Brizo "Vesi" Brushed bronze fixures for shower and sink faucet. So I probably would want biscuit color sink and toilet don't you think? I will have crown moulding in white and the doors will be white though. I appreciate your input!

o

There's a designer on Houzz whose work I greatly admire and he uses white sinks for all his bathrooms because it's clean and classic. Since you've got white molding, I think it's a safe choice to use white. I'm painting my guest bath in a pale blue-gray and looked for a granite that had some brown, blue gray, and light cream. So the common Giallo Ornamental fit the bill!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here