Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chriskelly13

pix from Bill V and Mongo in one place?

chriskelly13
17 years ago

Hi,

With all Bill V's fabulous work and pix, wouldn't it be great if he could post a whole bunch of them? ....I know many are around...but all in one place....or are they already archived somewhere?

I believe Mongo has great pix, too?

Just a thought....

Comments (12)

• bill_vincent
    17 years ago

Well, as for mine, if you don't mind some misc. fishing and family pics, go to photobucket.com, and do a search on Bill_Vincent . I've made my account public, and they're all (atleast all the ones I've used in here) there in one place. :-)

• jimandanne_mi
    17 years ago

Wow, thanks Bill! I just looked through them all. Can you tell me where you get a backsplash like Laura's? Or are there any good sites on the web for interesting or pretty cooktop backsplashes?

Anne

• MongoCT
    17 years ago

I just take Bill's pictures and use photoshop to make the grout lines look more jiggy and jaggy, add a few scratches to his glass tile installations, then repost them as my own.

No one's the wiser!

Seriously, very seldom do I take progress pictures of installations. About the only time is if it's for a magazine article.

I've never taken pics of finished installations for portfolio purposes, though.

If there's a thread and I'm doing something regarding that topic, then I have been known to squeeze off a few shots to post, but I really don't think I post pics that often.

Thanks for thinking of me though!

Mongo

• bill_vincent
    17 years ago

Anne-- there's actually a thread over at John Bridge's where we've all posted our best work. There are installations in that thread that are most certainly top of the game. the link's below.

Make sure you have a little time-- this thread is 47 pages long. :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Pics of Your Craziest Custom Tile Design

• bill_vincent
    17 years ago

As for Laura's backsplash, she's an installer up in the Seattle area. Actually, as is plainly obvious from that pic, she's an ARTIST in the Seattle area! She MADE that design, from scratch. It was NOT storebought. Many of her installations are like that.

• chriskelly13
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks, Bill. Great pix, beautiful jobs. Question. How is the pit bull?

• bill_vincent
    17 years ago

I'm told he's doing okay. It was discussed in the following thread:

Here is a link that might be useful: What happens when you cross a pit bull with a porcupine?

• ironmaiden
    17 years ago

I have looked through your album in the photobucket. The bathrooms you have done are absolutely beautiful. I really like the look of schluter strips. Do you know whate the price on them is and whether a tiler would charge more for their installation? Thanks

• bill_vincent
    17 years ago

The only extra I charge if I'm using them is the cost of the strip. It takes no more time than bullnose, nor any special expertise. The price on them all depends on the finish, but for the most part, they run between about 18.00 and 32.00 for an 8 foot length.

• napagirl
    16 years ago

Bump .... Laura's backsplash is fantastic!

• bill_vincent
    16 years ago

I'm going to email her and let her know someone ressurected this thread just for her backsplash! She'll be tickled!! :-)

• mahatmacat1
    16 years ago

Notice how mongo slips in "if it's for a magazine article"...

How very Ivy, like going to school "in New Haven" ;)

It also begs the question: what magazines has your work appeared in? I'm guessing various "Fine"s, yes? :) Please share; I'd really love to see how you've been written up. I can't exactly do a publication search for "mongo", can I? :) Just titles and dates of publication would be so appreciated.